Landed a full~time Job

Hia all,

After having a interview a few ago and completed my assessment drive yesterday, I now have a full-time class 1 driving job on Fed Ex.

I passed my test back in July last year and have been working for a local agency since to build up my experiance.

So it just shows it can be done… I wish all the Job seekers the best of luck!

Well done it shows that sticking with it and doing some time with an agency can pay off.
All the best

Cheers for that mate

Congratulations.
As has already been said, persistence pays off in the end.

When do you start?

That’s the best news you can have. Well done and all the best, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Good for you Mick. :wink:

nice one really chuffed for you well done , pictures of your new truck please along with an account of your first day

all the best

jen x

Must be something in the air, i have been offered TWO class 1 jobs one being stobarts and the other a local international freight company doing UK palletforce deliveries and collections. This is the low - rider truck i have been double manning to gain some experience this week it belongs to one of the euro trampers,lovely machine to drive.

How did you manage to get the initial job through the agency? Did you start on 7.5T then class 2 then 1 or straight in?

Well done too :slight_smile:

Hia,

Im going straight in as a class 1 driver, as Ive built up enough experiance up
Through my agency on the class 1s. I passed my class 1 last July, so Ive been lucky enough
To get over around 1000 hrs in the bag in driving.

I found the Job on the jobcentre plus website (yes! I know),
And just called them. They did say 2 years experiance but I sold myself well.

Just about pushing it really. I start on Tuesday night.