Cinque Ports

does anyone know what happened to this firm based east kent, they used to- operate some MAN top sleeper drawbars in Goodyear colours which I’m looking for a photo of if anyone can help please?

I thought they were something to do with Carmans-Brit European?

I do remember seeing them about though.

i thought the same did they get bought out by brit european

we had a driver come to our customer in Cov with Goodyear tyres twice a week from Amiens
his name was Tom lived in Stoke on Trent

maybe they were BE motors painted in cinque ports/goodyear colours then, same spec as some of BE’s own drawbars now i think about it, although we used to load polarcup out of germany for them and never saw any BE loading - anyway nobody’s come up with a photo yet :unamused: :wink:

the white drawbar painted in cinque ports colours was brit europeans . based in scholar green , the drives names was tommy austin and as stated did 3trips one week and 2 the next from amiens to coventry . i did a coulpe of trip on it when tom was on hols , think i have a photo of it. if i find it i will post it for you .cheers jeff

the flying foden:
the white drawbar painted in cinque ports colours was brit europeans . based in scholar green , the drives names was tommy austin and as stated did 3trips one week and 2 the next from amiens to coventry . i did a coulpe of trip on it when tom was on hols , think i have a photo of it. if i find it i will post it for you .cheers jeff

would be much appreciated - see, you just have to be patient! :laughing:

thanks very much :smiley: - you have PM jeff