Chance of gettin a job?

im 18, is there a good chance of me getting a job with a cat c liscense? are companys employing younger drivers?

ive already asked this question to eddie stobarts and the said they would consider under 21 year olds but only with a cat c+e.

cheers bolton trucker.

So that’s one answer! The short, easy answer is that you will struggle unless you know someone with some influence. But it’s NOT a lost cause. 18 year old truck drivers are not new - but unusual. For donkey’s years, we’ve had 18 year old bus and coach drivers - I was one - and they consistently get work.

So, before the barage comes advising you to think again, my advice is to get on and do it if it’s what you’ve set your heart on. But don’t expect a fantastic job immediately. You may well have to start on something a lot smaller than you’re qualified for and work your way up.

But good luck to you and don’t be put off :laughing: :laughing:

Be prepared to accept Van and 7.5 tonne work in order to gain experience.
Those that have a C licence and are only prepared to do C work are unlikely to get a chance especially at such a young age.

cheers guys :slight_smile:

We are training a 19 year old lady at present who has a job to go to when passed so it is not impossible…remember the more doors you knock on the nearer to a yes you are.

All the best Rick

Data Academy:
We are training a 19 year old lady at present…

Gissa job?? Need a tea boy?? :laughing: :laughing:

good advice rick cheers

more good news!!! :smiley: TNT sed they dnt hav an age limit.