Certain Irish drivers and their downright stupidity!

fozzie:
:lol: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: i not irish nor do i want to be (no offence) :laughing: but irishtruck dont alwaysmean irish driver so why single them out :unamused: :unamused:

On my stretch of the motorway, unfortunately it’s the Irish registered heavies that seem to go like the driver is wearing deep sea diving boots whilst going to/from Stranraer!! :unamused:

I’ll admit i havent been done the m6 this year last time was end of Decemeber working doing deliveries in central scotland now got sick of trunking.

But all these trucks averaging 70mph ? Ive never seen them.

Ive done the double man trunks from Glasgow to Birmingham for more than a few companies in Glasgow regular and ive not seen many trucks doing 70mph. There is one company that really does tare it down the road and one truck specifically. but if you doing that trunk from 6pm to Brum you are convinently forgetting to mention all the scottish fridges you will see flying past you as well. As well as a few ■■■■■■■■ trucks who really dont hang around.

I was trunking down the m6 most nights all of last year, infact for awhile i was working for a small scottish company and their truck was at least keeping up with most of the irish trucks and passing most of them and i know for a fact i wasnt doing anywhere near 70mph.

Yeah a lot of irish trucks are wound up a bit, but then again so are a hell of UK smaller companies. Most are usually doing the speed limit 60mph or round about.

Plus as well a lot of UK trucks espec in big companies arent limited to 56mph, they are supposed to be but if you use a SatNav prob find a hell of a lot espec when the tyres arent new are doing 54mph when the tread starts to go down go even slower. infact get a road legal truck limited legally to 92kmph and you will find you seem to go flying past a hell of a lot of trucks on the road as if they are standing still.

You beat me to the post ANDY1961
Across to Kendal then down to Skem or Trafford park every night my question was going to be!
Are the Irish, or Jocks pulling Fridges in th EU :unamused: :unamused:

im on the a74 6 nights a week from 1am t 7am making deliveries from dumfries t n/stewart in a merc van limited t 60 .i agree with u all 2am is the worst time.going t and from the ferry …its convoy time…villigeson the route at 30mph does not slow them down.one passed me last he must been doing 70 + cheers

:unamused:
Whats worse, a guy doin 100 instead of 90k’s on a motorway or
a guy driving along at 65 k’s with a nice big qeue behind him on an “r” road. :arrow_right: :wink:

ANDY1961:
God knows - if I could catch them I think I’d kill them!

I think i’d like to see that! :smiling_imp:

The_Jammer:

ANDY1961:
God knows - if I could catch them I think I’d kill them!

I think i’d like to see that! :smiling_imp:

You’ll be in a long queue then !!! Most of us would like to se it !!

Kenny1975:
Plus as well a lot of UK trucks espec in big companies arent limited to 56mph, they are supposed to be but if you use a SatNav prob find a hell of a lot espec when the tyres arent new are doing 54mph when the tread starts to go down go even slower. infact get a road legal truck limited legally to 92kmph and you will find you seem to go flying past a hell of a lot of trucks on the road as if they are standing still.

I had a 57 plate actros yesturday, and it seemed to be flying past others on the A1

I was having to do fife to teeside in 4.5hrs every night with a fridge to changeover and basically had to sit on the limiter all the way just to make it on time. I’d see myself overtaking other wagons (doing 65k’s) on the A1,on single carraigeway, just to make up time. If i got any holdups for longer than 20 minutes, i was running into 10hrs driving time which i like to keep for the last 2 days of my week. Dangerous and not worth the risk to my licence or other road users.

I’ve just recently jacked the job as my licence is worth more to me, being unemployed at the moment, clean, than it is getting points and making it more difficult to get another job.

I’d like to get back to the Carnforth changeovers again, at least it’s M74 / M6 all the way and i don’t have to worry about camera’s and VOSA…

i still think that you’re more alert and suffer less from fatigue when sitting at 100k rather than 85k, but, the guys that make up the laws don’t drive one for 9 hrs a day

I don’t know where to start with the above post but

i still think that you’re more alert and suffer less from fatigue when sitting at 100k rather than 85k

is just plain crap.

:unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

bbez:
i still think that you’re more alert and suffer less from fatigue when sitting at 100k rather than 85k, but, the guys that make up the laws don’t drive one for 9 hrs a day

i agree completely, if i have to tick along at 60 kmh due to roadworks for a considerable period of time my concentration really starts to falter, and when it goes back up to 100 limit again i have no trouble keeping focus, and thats during the day

shade:
I don’t know where to start with the above post but

i still think that you’re more alert and suffer less from fatigue when sitting at 100k rather than 85k

is just plain crap.

:unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

shade, it’s just my opinion, like i value your’s…

another thing, this was agency work i was doing with unrealistic running times. The transport manager knew it was unrealistic as i was doing it through agency and his own drivers were told to stick to speed limits and only having to run to newcastle in their 4.5hrs.

By him using agency, it doesn’t threaten his operators licence if any of the agency drivers got caught or has an accident, that’s why i jacked the placement…

I think the faster the better when your doing trunks and driving typically motorways the length of the country.

We had a run from Glasgow to Warrington did it in an Actros prob doing about 55-56mph on the bay in Warrington on the digi tacho at about 4hrs 10min mark.

Got replaced by MAN trucks prob doing about 50mph-52mph and then getting on the bay 4hrs 20 - 4hrs 25. Leaves no room for messing about, even stoping to buy ■■■■, or a quick pee is a no no because of the digital tachograph stoping at a MSA or garage good chance would go over your hours.

Plus as well driving the MAN soul destroying end up sitting in large convoys going down the road, with other trucks right up your arse. In the Actros a bit of overtaking could get away from the crowd.

Know what id rather have.

The A41 Chester to M54 on nights will make your hair curl with some of the paddy motors running on there.

Saying that though the one`s at Tong garage we saw all spoke very good polish :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

HAVE BEEN DRIVING IRISH TRUCKS ALL MY DRIVING CAREER (29 YEARS). PRESSURE FROM THE OWNERS WAS THE BIGGEST CAUSE OF US BREAKING HOURS RULES AND SPEED LIMITS. BUT NOWADAYS YOU WILL FIND MOST ARE LEGAL{MAINLY CAUSE THE FINES ARE GETTING TOO BIG - THANK GOD}.SOME CUSTOMERS STILL TRY TO EXERT PRESSURE ON YOU TO KEEP TO UN-REALISTIC SCHEDULES,BUT OWNERS ARE DIGGING THEIR HEELS IN AND REFUSING (ABOUT TIME).AS FOR SPEED YOU WILL FIND MOST SOUTHERN IRISH TRUCKS RUNNING A PERFECTLY LEGAL 92KPH. I MYSELF RUN AT THIS SPEED ON THE MOTORWAY NETWORK IN THE UK. I DO FIND THAT I SEEM TO BE FLYING PAST A LOT OF UK TRUCKS BUT ESPECIALLY ON HILLS, THIS IS PROBABLY DUE TO THE FACT THAT WE SEEM TO HAVE AN AFFINITY WITH HIGH HORSEPOWER MACHINERY UNLIKE UK COMPANIES WHO BUY MACHINERY BARELY ABLE FOR THE JOB. AS FOR TRUCKS ON THE A74. MOST OF THESE ARE NORTHERN IRISH REGISTERED.NOTHING TO DO WITH SOUTHERN AUTHORITIES BUT ARE SUBJECT TO UK REGS!!.ASK THE POLICE OR VOSA ON THE A55 FROM HOLYHEAD. THESE BOYS ARE FLYING PAST US ON THERE TOO.BASICALLY (zb)UP THIS ROAD TOO AND TARRING US ALL WITH THE SAME BRUSH!!.
language edit if it needs miss spelling to get it past the censor it means it’s not allowed mm
and please turn the caps off as it’s considered shouting ta :wink:

if this is as bad as you say,get onto your local hse tell them what is going on and that vossa and police know about it and will not act, when there is a bad accident heads will roll

Hi mr.d. I agree with most of your post :unamused: above,however.
Two things need to be said
1-I dont agree with the view of some drivers that they should police the roads to the point of making a phone call complaining about somebody.
2-Just remember that an irish truck doesnt usually mean an irish driver.

It’s not always pressure from the gaffer. I was doing the U.K. and we were supposed to stay in two or three vehicle convoys. I had the limiter stuck on 89kph and only one driver didn’t mind running with me a few others did but always bitched about it. The rest just disappeared as soon as we were off the boat. No pressure we were not in a rush. Got to Coventry/Hinckley dropped trailer and hit the bunk. We all got our back loads the next day at the same time so all the rushing and taking the rabbit run down the A41 so they could get 30 Min’s more sleep. Most had limiter turned up by the dealers or had it set with low profiles and then switched back to standard tyre’s

beattun:
[quote="

i agree completely, if i have to tick along at 60 kmh due to roadworks for a considerable period of time my concentration really starts to falter, and when it goes back up to 100 limit again i have no trouble keeping focus, and thats during the day

Just as a matter of interest Beatun what is the limit in Oz :question:
Had double B`s steaming past me (100kph) down the Bruce highway most doing at least 20 to 40 ks more than that. :exclamation:
[/list][/code]
[/quote]

greek:

beattun:
[quote="

Just as a matter of interest Beatun what is the limit in Oz :question:
Had double B`s steaming past me (100kph) down the Bruce highway most doing at least 20 to 40 ks more than that. :exclamation:
[/list][/code]

[/quote]

some roads are 110, the trucks are supposed to be limited to 100, and in the northern territory as far as i know there is still no speed limit

but yes, youre dead right, ive seen b-doubles doing 140 at least, its a bit of a worry, the worst ive seen is the way they turn off all their lights and cross to the other the side of the road to get past the cameras, at full speed