Irish drivers

Folks

As I may be lucky enough soon to be driving class 1 vehicle in N.Ireland I wanted to ask a couple of things.

1. do all drivers think the stereotype of us Irish drivers is true about the 56mph?

2. if I get out on the road (hopefully) it would be nice to know any fellow drivers who would be out and about in this part of the world.

:smiley:

Just driving in NORN IRON? :laughing: welcome to England and have a nice day! :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: lots of love BEANO :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

Toddy5453:
Folks

As I may be lucky enough soon to be driving class 1 vehicle in N.Ireland I wanted to ask a couple of things.

1. do all drivers think the stereotype of us Irish drivers is true about the 56mph?

2. if I get out on the road (hopefully) it would be nice to know any fellow drivers who would be out and about in this part of the world.

All Iā€™ll say is keep you digi card away from the gear box with all the magnets about it will prob malfunction. :laughing:

Youā€™ll be on first name terms with VOSA when your over here.

Im pretty sure they have a ā€œmust make the boatā€ button for on the way back

I havenā€™t found that button yet but Iā€™m sure it wonā€™t be long! :wink:

Tell the kids thereā€™s no lights on the Christmas tree or house this year, theyā€™re all going on the wagon :laughing: :smiley:

Yep, youā€™ll hear all the tired old stereotypes thatā€™s for sure

I see plenty of Irish plated wagons taking the ā€œscenic routeā€ through the back lanes to avoid the VOSA check point at Castle Kennedy, on way or from the ferry at Stranear.
If you use the A 75 from the M6 exit to Dumfries expect to be run off the road if you stick to 40 mph on the S/C.
That road has a reputation for un -marked police cars, it is my licence, so if you are late for the ferry, tough mammaries, you should get out of bed earlier or set the alarm clock.

Brush up on ya eastern european language lol

Some of the big boys are running at 80kph due to the rise in diesel prices

Granted there is a few ā€œtangsā€ left but not as many as 18 months ago and with the fines now adays its hard to run bent

See you over there Iā€™m in Ireland every week and thereā€™s no difference between Irish drivers and anyone else. In fact your more likely to get help from the Irish than any one else

toby1234abc:
I see plenty of Irish plated wagons taking the ā€œscenic routeā€ through the back lanes to avoid the VOSA check point at Castle Kennedy, on way or from the ferry at Stranear.
If you use the A 75 from the M6 exit to Dumfries expect to be run off the road if you stick to 40 mph on the S/C.
That road has a reputation for un -marked police cars, it is my licence, so if you are late for the ferry, tough mammaries, you should get out of bed earlier or set the alarm clock.

There is no back lane around the VOSA check in Castle Kennedy - Another MMTM story

All the Irish fridge drivers we get in our place are always well turned out in checked shirts, jeans and nice shoes so keep up your appearance. :sunglasses:

NewLad:

Toddy5453:
Folks

All Iā€™ll say is keep you digi card away from the gear box with all the magnets about it will prob malfunction. :laughing:

Yawn!!! You really donā€™t have a clue do you.

bigtruck:

NewLad:

Toddy5453:
Folks

LOL because Great Britain is the one part of the European union where all rules and regulations are strictly adhered to and drivers never break tacho rules plenty of uk firms are running bent itā€™s just that the police and Vosa donā€™t pull them so often so they are less likely to be caught.

I live in Ireland and work on fridges for an Irish firm in the north. They run everything 100% legal, treat you decent, nice trucks, pay me a wage Iā€™m happy with and donā€™t mess me about. A lot better than some English firms Iā€™ve worked for in the past :sunglasses:

bald bloke:
All the Irish fridge drivers we get in our place are always well turned out in checked shirts, jeans and nice shoes so keep up your appearance. :sunglasses:

And donā€™t forget to load 24 tonnes of sheet steel on the floor after youā€™ve collected the hanging meat. :wink:

You just have to ask yourself why if itā€™s so bad so many Brits like me have spent most of our careers working for Irish companies. Find the right one and itā€™ll be better than almost any job you can find in the UK.

switchlogic:
You just have to ask yourself why if itā€™s so bad so many Brits like me have spent most of our careers working for Irish companies. Find the right one and itā€™ll be better than almost any job you can find in the UK.

+1

Totally agree with Luke but itā€™s a single manā€™s game and i ainā€™t single. :frowning: :frowning:

Hopefully might see you guys about if your over. Ill not put up pic of my truck till i pass assessment dont wana tempt fate :smiley:

bigtruck:

NewLad:

Toddy5453:
Folks

It was a joke mate hence the :laughing:

switchlogic:

Very true. Thereā€™s a lot of English and Scottish lads driving for the firm Iā€™m on with.