CD PLAYERS!

Did a job for my mate last week to tip a load of fruit in Newcastle. He has just put a DAF XF 530 on the road and wanted me to do this job for him.

Nice motor to drive, BUT, it didn"t have a CD player in it!. It just had a standard radio/cassette player. I thought that a CD would be standard now in new motors?

Anyone know owt about this?

Aren’t trucks like BMW’s… Everything is an optional extra… ■■?

Luv
Chrisie…

Ragtop:
Aren’t trucks like BMW’s… Everything is an optional extra… ■■?

Luv
Chrisie…

So, if he has a huge collect of tapes, he’ll go for a tape rather than CD player.

had a new Renault on last job it had cd so did my mates Iveco that a ran into Tescos last week

I think it depends on youir preference…most of my music collection is on tape, and i`ve got hundreds…but my boss decided to replace the cassette with a cd…nice sound an all that …but i want to add a cassette as well as my cd collection isnt very large…and it will cost a small fortune to transfer them all…

Truckyboy. You can get a computer programme which will take input from your Hi-Fi, so that you can copy all your tapes onto CD. That is, if you have a CD Burner in your computer. You will need a cable with a 3.5mm jack on each end. One end to go into the output from your Hi-Fi, the other to go into the blue (or green) socket next to your speaker socket. One of those is the sound card input socket, but I’m afraid I’m not sure which one it is.

hitch:
had a new Renault on last job it had cd so did my mates Iveco that a ran into Tescos last week

Hope he wasn`t hurt too badly :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
Regards
Trev

had thought about that simon…but with my collection by the time i`d copied them all i would no longer need them… :laughing: :laughing: and i would probably have retired…the alternative is to fix a cassette player in the truck as well…and hopefully couple it up to the same speakers…wish me luck

there should be no problem attaching a cassete player to the curcuit but I would check with an auto electician first but you can buy a CD radio Cassete player for a little over £100

My boss was well surprised I didn’t want the new Actros he got in…

Why ? cause it ain’t got a tape player :imp:

steve_24v:

I have a ‘3.5mm jack plug to tape-adapter’ thingy I carry with me when I am using a ‘different’ vehicle. Along with my CD/MP3 player, complete with 40 sec jump protection, I get by.

I don’t know if i’d refuse a new truck for that reason alone unless I’d already got a decent one.

Tapes■■? MP3 for me please, then I can choose from the 26Gb I found on my computer one day??!! :wink:

marcustandy:

steve_24v:

I don’t know if i’d refuse a new truck for that reason alone unless I’d already got a decent one.

Tapes■■? MP3 for me please, then I can choose from the 26Gb I found on my computer one day??!! :wink:

Don’t care, if it ain’t got a tape deck I don’t want it.

Neither do I want mp3, lossless only thankyou…

just a thought it didnt have an autochanger anywhere did it

Trevor Parry:

hitch:

Hope he wasn`t hurt too badly :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
Regards
Trev

Good one mate, made me chuckle :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: