Actros CD Player

Been thinking about upgrading the cd player and speakers in my Actros, has anyone done this ? :slight_smile: I understand its 24v, is there also a 12v feed up there ? If I changed it will the buttons still work on the steering wheel ? :slight_smile: any advice welcome ! :wink: :wink:

Don’t count on it being 24v just because it says it is, that’s an anti theft sticker as a rule, use a multi-meter to check.

Unlikely you’ll get another stereo where the steering wheel buttons will work, but check out autoleads, they do some conversion kits, but not really for trucks.

this is the cd player fitted, says in the specs its 24v car-radio.de/product_info.ph … cts_id=69&

Lycanthrope:
this is the cd player fitted, says in the specs its 24v car-radio.de/product_info.ph … cts_id=69&

No probs, chances are there will be a 12v lead up there.

A lot of coaches and trucks a few years back had !24v stereo! signs in, but were running your average Argos Goodmans stereo, that’s why I say to check 1st.

519 Euro!!! There might not be a 12v lead up there so you have to buy their overpriced â– â– â– â– â– â– 

its not very good sound, sometimes some of the speakers stop working, The truck runs day and night, I’m in it 12hours at night, and been discussing it with the other guy and thought it would be worth a upgrade considering the time we spend in it.

A cd player and speakers would be a reasonable purchase, the problem comes if its not a straight fit. Even a amp and sub could be do-able.

Just interested if anyone has done this to their actros and can give me some advice :slight_smile:

The radio plugs are a standard straight fit, but no 12v in the roof so you’ll need to do some jiggery pokery and wire a voltage dropper into the constant live from the truck that keeps the old radio memory active, and then connect both the input wires to the new stereo to the voltage dropper 12v output and disregard the ingnition feed. It’ll mean the radio stays on whether the ignition is on or not, which is sometimes better. The steering wheel buttons don’t work mine as they are on another lead that plugs into the rear of the old Merc radio, but a remote control came with my cheepo £80 Sony radio/cd, and its got an iPod connector into the bargain :sunglasses:

I was looking at changing mine until I changed jobs and found a decent 24 volt stereo on ebay for about £150. It was a shop and had plenty available (in the past 6 months) but I cant find it now.