Ccv show gaydon (pics)

i took these on saturday

NIce pics Carl.

That Albion in the penultimate photo next to the Volvo looks like a toy! Just shows how trucks have developed over the years.

And what were you thinking of when you took the first photo of the model BRS overland Iran Marathon :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Calv

Some goos pics there, Carl. Thanks.

Great pics Carl,thank you and regards,derek

hey calv ive just studied that pic and i didnt notice them in the background till ya mentioned it :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

CARL wonderful pictures ,thank you very much, please keep them comeing ,for me the best ones where those of the two FORD transcontinental,s and then the astrans vehicles,

Good pics,at least the weather was kind.

Liked the Marathon model,was it built by Ashley Coghill?

KW:
Good pics,at least the weather was kind.

Liked the Marathon model,was it built by Ashley Coghill?

no it was build by a lad called ian coles from northampton keith - lovely job too

nice photo’s carl have you ever seen that volvo painted with the rolling stones
on was telling the wife about it have been trying to get photo :laughing: :wink:

frank:
nice photo’s carl have you ever seen that volvo painted with the rolling stones
on was telling the wife about it have been trying to get photo :laughing: :wink:

Is it an FH?
It’s probably the one called ‘Blue Moves’,named after a Stones album and owned by a guy who lives around the Cambs area.

I met him a couple of years ago at a reunion,his father used to drive M/E for Trans UK.

Nice photo’s and a sunny day . the Astran 141 looks to have a couple of kegs up on the roof :open_mouth: Was that standard issue for a middle east run? No wonder it took so long to get there :smiley:

frank that truck was owned by wayne baber the last time i saw it a few years ago at a show but i never saw it at gaydon mate
a few more oldies

All good stuff Carl :sunglasses:
Many Thanks for sharing them with us all

:smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :sunglasses:

cheers for the kind remarks everyone :wink:
some american trucks at gaydon

Excellent pictures Carl. A few old timers in there that bring back fond memories of me going with my old man when he was with the BRS. AEC Mandator, BIG GUY, Albion and Leyland Reiver but to name a few. Astran pictures are also top notch. More of the same please.

When I used to live in Berkshire, those Yeoman trucks lived just down the road from me. Always meant to take some pix but didn’t get round to doing it

Great pics Carl. I started with BRS on that little Albion. It had an engine like a sewing machine.Next I got that red Leyland artic. & that ERF unit from Craigs , then I drove that Essex Scania ( For 3 days ! ) also a similar one to Astrans for SCA. I am talking similar trucks here not the actual ones in the photos. Except maybe for the BRS Leyland, I see that its got an East Anglia reg on the side…Boy do I feel old !!

Very nice pics mate. :smiley: