Cat C test on the Horizon

Ive just got dates for my cat c licence practical and test date.After this i want to gain ADR.Can ayone tell me if this counts towards driver cpc, as ive found a company that states that it ammounts to 3 modules of cpc(3 times 7 hour blocks). :bulb:

driversteve:
Ive just got dates for my cat c licence practical and test date.After this i want to gain ADR.Can ayone tell me if this counts towards driver cpc, as ive found a company that states that it ammounts to 3 modules of cpc(3 times 7 hour blocks). :bulb:

some ADR count’s towards Periodic CPC ( it depends on how the course is registered if my memory serves me right) , It won’t count towards the Initial CPC though ! Which CPC are you thinking about ?

i have in mind the 35 hour total cpc that has to be completed every five years, as im a wannabe new driver?? :arrow_right:

driversteve:
i have in mind the 35 hour total cpc that has to be completed every five years, as im a wannabe new driver?? :arrow_right:

have you got grandfather rights for the Initial CPC ? ( did you pass your car test before Jan 1997) , if you didn’t then you need to do the initial CPC first , someone who knows more about this will be able to tell you if you can start your Periodic CPC before you’ve done the initial one , I’m out of my depth now :wink:

yep, i passed in 92. :smiley:

If they are registered to do both then it can count towards your cpc as can your training if they are registered to do the SAFE :question: ( spelling safe effective driving thing ) can count for 7 hrs of your cpc

So if you do full ADR tankers ( except 1 & 7 ) & your driving then you will have all 35 hrs

Unless you have a job already then it may be hard getting a start as there is no driver shortage that is just a myth tbh there are more drivers than jobs available