Car Parts??

I need some pads and discs for the car just wondered if any of you had used websites for car parts and had any recommendations of good or cheap websites?.

what car is it jammy ?

i normally use andrew paige or partco for brake bits , if they are down your way that is.
hope this helps

Don’t assume the cheapest place is always on the web. I looked for discs and pads for a Sierra,found my local independant shop beat the best I found on the net by at least a tenner overall.

Just a thought…

VW Passat 99 on a V no turbo :frowning:. 1.8 SE.

jammymutt:
VW Passat 99 on a V no turbo :frowning:. 1.8 SE.

I use GSF for my Pug 205. They seem to be cheaper than Andrew Page for most stuff. See http://www.gsfcarparts.com/. Never tried mail order though as there’s a branch localish to me so I tend to go in person.

Paul

I had a look at Andrew Page, but they havent got to Newark yet!

Have used these myself eurocarparts.co.uk/ they have been ok for my renault, not used mail order as I have a branch local to me.

One place to try that a lot of folk don’t is Halfords… Don’t laugh, I get the stoppers for my Rangie there and they work well. :smiley: I can’t remeber how much they were, but they certainly weren’t expensive… Unlike the brakes for Madame’s Pug 205… £160 a pair!!! :cry: OUCH!!! Mind you, they were Pagid “Blues” designed for racing… We now use Ferrodo 3000’s… about 1/3 the price!! :slight_smile: The pug, BTW, is a pure track car pushing out 188Bhp at the wheels in something that weighs less than a ■■■ packet… OOOOOOOOOOH! It’s FUN!

Is there anyone else out there that indulges in the (very!) expensive hobby of track-days? It’d be interesting to find out. Get enough together and all meet up one day at the track :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

Heliophile:
One place to try that a lot of folk don’t is Halfords… Don’t laugh, I get the stoppers for my Rangie there and they work well. :smiley: I can’t remeber how much they were, but they certainly weren’t expensive… Unlike the brakes for Madame’s Pug 205… £160 a pair!!! :cry: OUCH!!! Mind you, they were Pagid “Blues” designed for racing… We now use Ferrodo 3000’s… about 1/3 the price!! :slight_smile: The pug, BTW, is a pure track car pushing out 188Bhp at the wheels in something that weighs less than a ■■■ packet… OOOOOOOOOOH! It’s FUN!

Is there anyone else out there that indulges in the (very!) expensive hobby of track-days? It’d be interesting to find out. Get enough together and all meet up one day at the track :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

I use Halfords for some bike bits, oils filters, brake pads and plugs etc.

I also do trackdays, but on 2 wheels :smiley: Cars and Bikes dont mix, well not unless you at the “Ring”

Ever tried coming an a track day where there are bikes and cars going out, but in different sessions■■? It’s fun!!! The track-club that we go to (Goldtrack) do this very frequently at Mallory, it’s fun!!! :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

Heliophile:
Ever tried coming an a track day where there are bikes and cars going out, but in different sessions■■? It’s fun!!! The track-club that we go to (Goldtrack) do this very frequently at Mallory, it’s fun!!! :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

Im a member of Donington Park Supporters club, and they allow track testing like this, its not a track day though, more like a sunday drive :wink:

I have been to Mallory for the plum pudding races and they have cars and bikes for that in seperate sessions. It helps to clear the snow :stuck_out_tongue: