Can I assume

this still a work in progress ? and will some of the missing threads will be reinstated, for example drivers tall tales. I have attempted to look for it but no sign and all I get as suggestions are very old posts and have we lost pictures ?

This new platform’s gonna take quite a bit of getting used to.

Yeah, very alien. Hey ho, I’m sure we’ll adapt and overcome

And how do you get to the latest post in a thread ? for example " old north east haulage companies " all I see are posts dated from 2011 era no matter how much I scroll.
Confused, will admin reply to any of our questions ?

Yeah posts aren’t in the same place they were on the old site, They take a bit of finding but I’m starting to like the new format.

Should take you to the last post. To scroll very quickly there is a very small pale blue cursor between the tread posts and the dates.
I`m not saying the photos are there but it looks like a lot of posts there.
Looks like a couple of threads are way too big for the new server/site so are renamed although the old thread is there and locked as read only.

Edit. Whoops I was trying to answer TeaTime and quote him.

franglais answered while I was doing a screenshot but place your cursor over the blue line in the image and pull up or down, the shown post number will change as you scroll.

TN_ScrollThread

I think that is the last post…some pun involved somewhere! Anyway that is Gateshead aka Tyneside

It might not seem it right away but once you’ve explored & got a gist of how it’s set up it’s features are streets ahead of the old site.

Speaking as a miserable ■■■■ (is the censor still working or has that got through?) who has very little patience with this sort of stuff…(or with anything or anybody really tbh) …I aint too keen on this new site format at all.
Never been keen on changing things that worked fine.

So I’ll either get used to it or say 'Sod it can’t be arsed…tot ziens.
So time will tell.
In the words of David Bowie…
‘‘Changes, turn and face the stranger’’

So…
Are we all starting again?..

Is this post no 1 for me?

Has the premod victims got amnesty and can all start with a clean sheet?

Have all or most of the regulars re.joined already…or been informed?
(I only knew it was back on cos Maoster told me)

Is Franglais still gonna moan about Brexit?

Has Winseer been sectioned?

Is Carryfast still looking for Euro work?

Has …can’t even recall his name ffs…(the religious nut) got in touch with Jesus face to face?

Has Beaver earned enough coin flogging dodgy pallets this month to buy me a mega breakfast?

So many questions so little time.

Let’s hope the Foe/ignore list was transferred otherwise it’s going to be ages while they slowly return from the wilderness, start posting drivel and I have to re-add them to my list of idiots to ignore

And yes the new format is CRAP and definitely needs a more K.I.S.S approach to the user interface.
So ………account management, personal preferences.

Can I flip the switch so the order I see posts is newest first at the top and oldest last ie: upside down.
Where is the “new/latest post” button, and mark posts read button? So we don’t have to scroll through hundreds of posts to find the most recent post?
Can I set up in account preferences the ability to appear offline/invisible while logging in (feature in the old version), and ensure that no one can click on my profile while I’m online and spam it with DM’s

Oh, how absolutely fabulous… I now have the wonderful option of ticking up a post… perhaps! Think I’ll go back to bed it’s taxing my brain to much.

Since the passwords were not carried across I would guess foe/ignore settings are not carried over also.
If you are on home page computer, dunno about mobile settings, on the right there are the messages from all boards displayed, aprt from the site stickies on the top, they are most recent on top. Time of last post is there. Click on the number of posts, and two grey options appear, choose first or last post. Also there is a narrow pale blue cursor on the center/right that will enable fast scrolling.
Friend/foe settings etc? Click on your icon top right, go to head icon, preferences, then users.

The Nodding Donkey was speaking unfettered in a parallel TNUK site a little while ago. Simcor said it was a temp site used by the techies, and anyway it is gone again now. I guess the Mods would have to re-ban anyone they wanted to? Maybe EB will appear under his own handle again?
And yes, I am still here, and since YOU introduce the subject of Brexit, I am quite willing to discuss that in a Brexit forum. I doubt I`ll be giving it much praise, so I guess I do moan about …the B word…Just as you moan about, well, everything really! :grinning:

franglais. You are, so it seems, the only one getting their head around this new creation. Thank you for your message trying to help me. I still haven’t found the last message on the Promotor thread and I’m getting to the stage where I don’t care.

I`ll try again. Hang on.

Is that it?
Any old promotor drivers around - #2219 by sandway
You commenting on the “pink blob”?

Time on his hands. The curse of the idle classes! :joy::joy: can we post videos straight from our phones now?

I think this is called “displace activity”? I have loads to do, but am using this as an excuse to avoid it.
Anyway, retired now, so one of the leisured classes, in our case it is not “idle”, it is a “well deserved…etc etc”

Ooh I think I’m getting the hang of this finally. Your response popped up :+1: all good then