Can firms do this

i was listening to a couple of lads today and one was saying his firms trampers were not very happy as due to shortage of work they were being parked up for 18 hrs, instead of normal 11,9 .
the other lad said they cant do that , well they can park you up for 18 hrs but after 11 hrs you can log on and get paid by law
whos right

ady1:
i was listening to a couple of lads today and one was saying his firms trampers were not very happy as due to shortage of work they were being parked up for 18 hrs, instead of normal 11,9 .
the other lad said they cant do that , well they can park you up for 18 hrs but after 11 hrs you can log on and get paid by law
whos right

Are they being parked up at base :question:

ROG:

ady1:
whos right

Are they being parked up at base :question:

im guessing not,as if they were id think theyd go home, but not sure.

It would make a difference.

It would seem to be unfair to make a driver stay out longer without getting paid for it and a bit unnecessary as you could have the driver and rig back at base where the driver could be stood down for an extended period :confused: :confused: :confused:

if they’re tramping its the nature of the job
if there’s a load go and get it, if not wait around until your firm finds one for you

ady1:
whos right

There’s no law to say you must get paid after 11 hours rest but if they’re already in work they’re entitled to whatever the daily basic rate is at the least, unless their contract states a start time it can be whenever the firm wants as long as it’s legal and reasonable

biggusdickusgb:
if they’re tramping its the nature of the job
if there’s a load go and get it, if not wait around until your firm finds one for you

That seems reasonable because the driver cannot go to get his next load if there is not one to go for but from the OP it seems as though the situation was different - just have to wait for more info…

Most days at the minute i am having at least 12 hours off. just got to make sure got plenty of toys with you and learn to relax, some nights I have 15-16 hours off, thats the way things are at the moment.

Toys, Bugcos?! :open_mouth:

When i did tramping had times when sitting about for awhile like up get tipped and unloaded parked up 4am in a yard and the load going out wouldnt be ready till 11pm.

I was on a salary so didnt make a difference to me, infact at times it was quite good espec if near a bus stop go into nearest town for the day and treat it as a day off.

In my opinion if you put your card in to get paid and theres nothing to do all your doing is bleeding the pot dry and once the pots empty its join the rest on the dole , not exatly rocket science but if they want a job when things pick up, earn a little less now reap later , I recon i will be £5000 down come the end off this tax year but I will still be surviving and hopefully my boss will aswell

i suspect they guys where probably on percentage thats why they were moaning :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:
and before anyone starts it is not illegal to be paid that way so long as there is a basic wage built in :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:
i myself wouldn’t worry as i am paid salary so it don’t matter what i do, still get the same each week, the only thing that makes a difference is the number of nights out i do, and wether i run in on a staurday then thats extra :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

ady1:
whos right

Just because you’re away from base in the wagon it doesn’t mean you have to start getting paid from the second your 9 or 11 is up, that’s utter rubbish. In the same way that your start time can vary when you’re at home for the night it can also vary when you’re up the road. There’s nothing in law stopping them parking you up mid afternoon one day and telling you that your start time for the next day is mid morning if that’s what the work pattern dictates.

Paul

LoadsOfHorses:
Toys, Bugcos?! :open_mouth:

Yes mate lap top with dongle, tv, dvd player, playstation 2, freeview, books, magazines that sort of stuff, nothing inflatable or that vibrates!