How long do you get parked up?

I was just wondering what people find aceptable in terms of rest until their next day or night? If your company says your next load isn’t for 24 hours do you start getting paid after 11 off?

I’m sure it varies depending on where back loads can be found etc but it’s a massive chunk out of your weekly earning potential if you keep getting big periods between each day. Of course this only really applies to those amongst us who are hourly paid.

Have your 11 off and put on POA as you are available for work, it aint your fault you can’t get loaded, and you can’t be expected to subsidise poor planning out of your wage, the planner will as sure as hell be getting paid for said period even though it is his doing.

We regularly end up (as I am right now) parked up for upto 15 hrs … tonight i am 13 hrs. It’s all down to booking times at sdc’s, I just see it as part of the job.

Get paid by the day so work for an hour or lay up for 24 hours the pay is the same better than hourly rates

robroy:
Have your 11 off and put on POA as you are available for work, it aint your fault you can’t get loaded, and you can’t be expected to subsidise poor planning out of your wage, the planner will as sure as hell be getting paid for said period even though it is his doing.

+1
That’s what I did. After your 11 put it on otherwork, do your walkround checks then move the vehicle forward to check for even tyre wear and brakes, then put it onto POA.

dts:

robroy:

+1
That’s what I did. After your 11 put it on otherwork, do your walkround checks then move the vehicle forward to check for even tyre wear and brakes, then put it onto POA.

Yeh forgot the first bit :blush: , but that’s what I meant to say.