C1 licence to remove 107 endorsement

Hi,

Currently got C1E on a pre-1997 licence. I have the 107 code which means I can drive a train of 8250.

Was hopeful to tow my rally car behind my 7.5t LF but found out the train is based on plated weight, not weight as weighed, meaning I’ve a 7500kg plate and therefore a 750kg trailer which isn’t enough.

So I need a “proper” C1, ie. 12000kg train.

I’ve got the truck and trailer which could be used if necessary. What is the easiest way to get this and is anyone able to recommend me anyone local to Liverpool to do this?

Did speak to one chap who said it was a lot of messing and I may as well go straight to C+E!!

Thanks.

Ian G:
Did speak to one chap who said it was a lot of messing and I may as well go straight to C+E!!

Possibly a good idea although the advantage you’ve got if you just do the C1E is it’s only one test not two.

To go from C1+E with a 107 restriction to full C1+E
MEDICAL
LGV theory tests 1a + 1b
LGV C1+E practical test

ROG:
MEDICAL
LGV theory tests 1a + 1b

I presume that’s because he got the C1 by ‘grandfather rights’ ?

mrpj:

ROG:
MEDICAL
LGV theory tests 1a + 1b

I presume that’s because he got the C1 by ‘grandfather rights’ ?

spot on :smiley:

Ian G:
Hi,

Currently got C1E on a pre-1997 licence. I have the 107 code which means I can drive a train of 8250.

Was hopeful to tow my rally car behind my 7.5t LF but found out the train is based on plated weight, not weight as weighed, meaning I’ve a 7500kg plate and therefore a 750kg trailer which isn’t enough.

So I need a “proper” C1, ie. 12000kg train.

I’ve got the truck and trailer which could be used if necessary. What is the easiest way to get this and is anyone able to recommend me anyone local to Liverpool to do this?

Thanks.

You have a pm

Thanks John I’ll give you a call at some point this week.

Medical is booked for Friday morning. 60 quid :open_mouth:

Yeah current C1 is grandfather so no use for towing.

Ian G:
Medical is booked for Friday morning. 60 quid

ST HELENS
Hall Street Medical Center.
St Helens
Merseyside.
01744 733113
£30 - Oct 09

Nice one! Will give them a call tomorrow!