C+E test coming up

As some of you may know my C+E test on Tuesday was cancelled due to the examiner being ill. Bit of a bummer but if you’re ill you’re ill.

I was getting word that my next possible test might not be until February, however Christine at Peeks was having none of that and has gotten me a test this Monday!

I cannot wait to get there. I hope I don’t ■■■■ everything up. I can smell the freedom.

Good luck with it :slight_smile:

Best of luck mate. :smiley:

how are u feeling?are u bricking it? :sunglasses:

Good luck with your test saxmachine :smiley:

Ooh I don’t know. I’m more concerned with getting out of the chip shop. When my test was cancelled and then a couple of days later I put on my uniform it was so depressing that I can’t get out just yet.

I’ll probably be a bundle of nerves leading up to the test and then calm an emotionless when the test is happening. (that makes me sound wierd)

My Instructor said he had a company phone him and ask if he had any newly passed drivers looking for work (class 1), and that he’d send me up for that if a closer company didn’t work out for me. So I’m very excited about how my whole life could be changing soon, and nervous that it might not change soon enough if I fail.

Toni seams confident for me, I’ll find out when I get my result.

The Saxmachine:
When my test was cancelled and then a couple of days later I put on my uniform it was so depressing that I can’t get out just yet.

Can’t you get any class 2 work? I’m sure you would much prefer class 1 but it would beat the chip shop! :wink:

The Saxmachine:
I’ll probably be a bundle of nerves leading up to the test and then calm an emotionless when the test is happening. (that makes me sound wierd)

Ha Ha thats sort of what I was like especially the day before :blush: but on my test I wouldn’t go as far as to say I was “calm an emotionless” ha ha but much much calmer and didn’t want to run away across the fields any more :laughing:

The Saxmachine:
So I’m very excited about how my whole life could be changing soon, and nervous that it might not change soon enough if I fail.

Yeah me too I think thats one of the reasons I was so nervous leading up to the test. I had to convince myself that failing would not be the end of the world and that I would be fine next time. I think it worked because as I said I was so much calmer on the test than I thought I would be and passed. Mine was only C though, I might be doing C+E in Feb :open_mouth: so will be back to lack of sleep and stomach in a knot for days on end :laughing:

Good luck on your test :wink:

Rob :grimacing:

Goodluck with your test mate, hope it all goes well for you.

On a side note has the Braking exercise now been abolished? i know it swapped from being done in the test centre to out on the road but i heard there where alot of complaints about safety ect and i heard they had scrapped the braking excersie altogether, is that right?

Another side note my training company had a cancelation so my C+E training has been brought forward this Tuesday!! test then following monday!! i’m excited but also bricking it the same time, weird feeling! Lets hope all goes well.

Good luck saxmachine
Fingers crossed for u
Jennie x

brawngp:
Goodluck with your test mate, hope it all goes well for you.

On a side note has the Braking exercise now been abolished? i know it swapped from being done in the test centre to out on the road but i heard there where alot of complaints about safety ect and i heard they had scrapped the braking excersie altogether, is that right?

I had my C test on Thursday and never did a brake test

Rob

had my test today saturday 8th i never did a brake test

Brake test would be important I’d think. Since this test is all about showing you can control a trailer. Mind you emergency stops are probably going to happen at higher speeds than 20mph.

I’ve been told that in my area there is more class 1 than class 2 jobs available.

Have fun with yours braungp. Now time to go to London and back for a restful day before my test.

good luck buddy :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: cheers,carl

Good luck for tomorrow ! :wink: As a matter of interest ? Have you tried for any cat c work , or did you want to get the full c+ e first
cheers mike

Yeah I was going for the full C+E so everything is then done.

Cheers guys. The good news is I passed and with 3 minors. I has to shut on my reverse manoeuvre, 1 for selecting the wrong gear and the other for observation on a roundabout.

Feels so good to have all that done. Now waiting to hear about a couple of work possibilities. Then I can see about paying off my training.

It’s a big thanks to peeks from Lowestoft and Toni for his fantastic training.

Well done - hope the job opps work out.

Many congratulations saxmachine,great feeling isnt it,keep positive with your job search and im sure something will come up,i am in a similiar position i passed my class c + e last MAY though and have been trying ever since to get a job,currently i drive vans full time but i feel very confident about this year and hope a chance will come along soon,i personally didnt do the agency route i have been let down too many times by false promises and due to my hours its very hard because i cant commit to certain days BUT it could be a good start for yourself,anyway well done mate and keep us posted on your job search.

well done m8…it will take a couple of days for you to come down off that cloud…lets hope for a speedy job offer hey

Well done mate, 3 minors is ■■■■ good, goodluck with the job hunt :smiley:

After a quick snooker to make up for getting up at half 5 its a big grin all the way.

Thank you for the support guys. Good puck with your job hunting ruddio. I can see why you avoided agencies.