Bus Licence

Hi guys, i’ve been thinking about spending a little bit of cash that i have tucked away to get my bus licence. Do you think that this is worth doing. Am i right in sying that to get on to the coaches, like national express and holiday companies that you have to start at the bottom like doing city runs for Arriva and the likes. Is there much bus work about at the minute and is it hard to get into. I’ve been driving class 1 trucks for nine years now and have never seen things as quiet (i do agency work) which at the munte is really quiet. Has anyone any idea how it is to do your bus test and trainning… Do you think i could get work driving a bus or is that side of things quiet too.

thanks guys and gals

I think most bus companies train drivers at the company’s expense, although this normally means you are restricted to vehicles with automatic gearboxes.

Harry Monk:
I think most bus companies train drivers at the company’s expense, although this normally means you are restricted to vehicles with automatic gearboxes.

As you have LGV then you will automatically get MANUAL D even if you pass D with an AUTO.
You will also automatically get D+E if you have C+E

You WILL have to do the INITIAL driver cpc for D.

You MAY have to have a medical - if LGV one was within last 12 months then you won’t or if you already have D prov on licence you won’t

By putting BUSES into a site search will get you much info :bulb:

national express taking on drivers at the moment and they will also train you to drive. From what i been told you could be on £9+ an hour driving the coaches which i am thinking of doing if i fail to join up as a PC next time round