Bullyling at work

Chas:

steve the argonaut:
Many many years ago when I was in the army I worked with a guy who was just like the one you describe, I spoke the the RSM about it and he told me to do the following and I can assure it works, in fact I’ve used this method several times since and it never fails:

1. Get yourself in a situation where you and the bully are out of earshot of everyone.

2. Tell the bully in a very soft but firm voice whilst looking directly at him if he mocks, bullies or intimidates you again you will hurt him.

3. Gently slap bully on cheek twice, laugh and walk away before he can react.

You must use a commanding firm voice for this, you must convince the bully you mean it.

Never fails.

Could you please PM me your full name & address 'cos I’ve just followed your advice & my missus has broken my jaw in 3 places, I have 2 fractured ribs & I’m bleeding thru every orifice including my ears. My consultant has informed me I may never be able to sit down & conventionally ■■■ ever again.

I’m not going to sue you, I’m hoping to employ you as my bodyguard.

Wuss, lol.

steve the argonaut:
Wuss, lol.

On a more serious note . . .

I’m a very advanced, very experienced & very very good practioner of T’ai Chi. Been practising it since I was 6 but still have lots to learn.

T’ai Chi is the only true martial art.

The first rule of T’ai Chi is ‘when faced by a superior enemy, retreat’.

The moral of the story is, don’t be fooled by someone else’s bravado in the context of a forum post. If you’re being bullied then it’s usually because you are percieved as being weak by a stronger personality. If you are weak & they are stronger, then you’re going to get your effin head kicked in.

Retreat, go back when you’re stronger.

When I was boss and driver for Wismans on my first day I heared the managers talking to each other in the smoke shack
they mentioned somothing about something they did and one said to other we don bully do we na na na he said
later on that day I met one of the drivers, he said I dont go in the chill any more coz I just get bullied
turns out the manager softly slapped him over the cheek

You could try getting your Mum to write a note to him asking him to please leave you alone?

Or…just bite his ear off.

Just tell one of the other drivers that you can talk to how you got the sack from a previous job because you broke a drivers jaw after he tried bullying you
Once that rumour gets around you shouldn’t have any more trouble :sunglasses:

just get a rumour going you was picked for the local boxing team but was kicked out for been to violent
aim a few chubby brown jokes at him like i wish you was a statue and i was a pidgeon etc etc

as said failing all that sort it out without any witnesse dont let it grind you down
i myself in the past have just hit first then thought ollocks been in trouble dealt with the consequences
yes its hard too walk away and im sure if im pushed too much i will react as i did thankfully that hasnt happened normal banter in the yard give it back like when he had run out of hrs i would have turned up and said if i knew it was you i would have taken my time

Start sabotaging him on the fly, then you will enjoy your little games when you get “together” and him none the wiser. Serve your dishes cold.

slackeye:
once i was on a job and i was asked to pick a driver up on drighlington baypass that had run out of time, sure enough it was my nemesis,"oh no not you he barked i just said hi

I’d have left him there if he had done his max duty time. When they asked why, I’d have pointed out it was illegal for me to pick him up as he was out of hours.

I have been suspended and won compensate. i shall say this once. 1 your agency is your employer. 2 write a grievance and cc the company that you work for that you also want to initiate their grievance process. 3 give your bully a copy of a letter or write a separate one asking him to stop. When you give it him record it on your mobile phone as a video. 4 keep a diary of times and events when your bullied. 5 record with your mobile secretly when others are around his unwanted comments. 5 remember whom is around when comments are made and try to get them to comment on your bullys behaviour. 6 at this point the bullying should stop. if it continues 7 chase up your grievance as a response should now be somewhere. 8 record secretly his comments. 9 revisit your grievance and add that his comments are disturbing your health and welfare. 9 raise concerns that if you are taken off the job that your concerned that you are now being discriminated and an investigation should be carried out. 10 threaten tribunal. 11 if its not in writing with no evidence then it didn’t happen and bullying never occurred. And also with regard to covert video. solicitor want the evidence. they Will protect you. Never threaten your bully as then you are bullying him

One of the unfortunate things about workplace bullying is how oblivious non-involved parties can be to it. Also, bullies are often pathelogical liars and so other people may equate his behaviour to a fair amount of vindictive gossip that your not privy to and laugh at you because they believe that they are the ones that are “in on it” when all the time they are pathetically blind to the fact that they are being shamelessly manipulated. As all too often the case is, the only one that’s really IN THE KNOW is the victim of this pathetic individuals attempts to make up for his own insecurity. There is no easy answer to dealing with these losers, but it may be worth bearing in mind that KNOWLEDGE IS POWER and you are probably one of the few people around who have a genuine insight into this persons true character.

Another point worthy of note is that it is usually the most talented and intelligent people that these people choose for their victims. They are serial bullys and NEED someone to bully just like a heroin addict needs his fix and the better the person the bigger the fix (check up on narcissistic personality disorder). The newer you are to a company and less known you are the more likely it is that you will be targeted.

Bullies are a liability to a company and not an asset. (but when will businesses finally learn this?)

If it was me I would just wave my little finger at him :wink:

Bullies tend to lack confidence in there own ability lack self esteem so they cover this up by bullying

seems to me you missed your oppertunity, i would have left him at the side of the road, driving past with fingers raised.

a driver “tried” to bully me when I first passed my test and started on a tipper. I would come into the yard and my lights and heater blower would be switched on leaving me with a flat battery. then my windows would be open and the rain would of soaked my cab. (the doors wouldnt lock) as it was the same driver who clocked on before me and off after me I knew who it was, so when a polite note that I put in his cab didnt work and the shady goings on continued I drove into the quarry and in front of all the other drivers I attempted to drag him out of his cab by his throat - that failed because his fat belly wouldnt come past the steering wheel so a nice dig in his face followed by another because his head bounced off the head rest!! the silly goings on instantly stopped.
then would you believe it a few months later I went into work extra early and caught him stealing diesel.
I never grassed on him but I did “let it slip” on the cb what I had seen! and as if by magic he didnt work there for long after!! my motto is and always will be - an eye for an eye plus a bit more!!

I find it quite comical that Conor feels at ease to comment on bullying after reading his comments on this and many other internet forums :open_mouth:

there nothing worse than a bully at work even makes hate going to work etc,
You sould maybe pull him to the side and ask him out straight what is his problem or what is on his mind with you really.

He sounds a right ■■■■■■■ of a man.
A belfast visit in dark hours to him sounds he could be doing with. :wink:

thanks for the replys,i am gonna speak to him when no one is about,ask him what his problem is and if he has one we will sort it out,one way or another the fat ■■■■■■■

if that doesn’t work, go to your boss asking not to work with him as he keeps touching you and calling you his ‘good little boy’. slipping a couple of gary glitter cd’s and a ■■■■ plug into his bag when you know he’s going somewhere he’s likely to be searched will also do the trick.

slackeye:
thanks for the replys,i am gonna speak to him when no one is about,ask him what his problem is and if he has one we will sort it out,one way or another the fat [zb]

A word of warning: You might expect that if you decide to strike him he will be deeply ashamed about it, his pride will be severely damaged and you’ll have put fear into him so that he’ll go away quietly and think twice before messing with you again. You certainly hear plenty of stories like that. From personal experience, you shouldn’t be surprised to find this guy is going to play the victim and cry rivers of crocodile tears in front of his colleagues in a way that you might find hard to believe. He certainly sounds like the manipulative sort from the way you describe him. I would counsel against it, but on the other hand you live and learn from your experiences and it might just be eye-opening for you to witness this first hand.

Dont know how hard are you,but you could take him left and right on his Short Hair next to his ears and pull his Head upwards toward yours.
its painfull and he wouldnt do anything at first moment.
well,yes,and kiss him on his Lips as if it were your lovly wife.
just let it work then.just seeing what he comes with next :bulb:

Definitely little ■■■■ syndrome. Tell him with an audience you understand that he pokes his sister, mother, etc, cos they’re the only ones that don’t laugh at his acorn. Try and wind him up so that he goes for you in front of others, then you smack the crap out of him.