Bullyling at work

hi i have been working agency for a while now,there is a driver that works there and on jobs our paths cross , for some reason he does not like me ,that does not bother me at all its just he always takes the mick saying im usless in front of people i dread seeing him ,its always" oh no my day got worse for seeing you or they let any driver on here" once i was on a job and i was asked to pick a driver up on drighlington baypass that had run out of time, sure enough it was my nemesis,"oh no not you he barked i just said hi and went,felt bad cos i didnt say anything back,he really hates me for some reason?well today was the last straw , our agency put all the drivers on a coarse for a company they put us into,sure enough my mate was there,"oh no my day got worse,"and all day he just kept pulling me down and saying in was rubbish how i was nothing has good has him and he had done this that the lot,i wanted to kick the ■■■■ out of him, even the other blokes and the trainer were looking at me like what the hell? i dont know what to do ,say something to the agancy or front him out im no good with words and im no good at answering back to putdowns i just wlk off get mad and feel bad,im a bit slow on the uptake and tend to keep myself to myself really,i guess when i started driving 4 years or so ago i didnt have much experince, and was slow on jobs or reversing,i dunno just gets me down really

take your right hand (or left if you’re cackhanded) make into a fist and insert vigourously into his face, repeat if necessary :smiley:

or ignore the [zb] and wait for the karma to sort it, one day he will mess something up and you will be there to watch :grimacing:

Confront the bully on the trailer park, one to one, explain your feelings, and I bet he backs off, if not make a formal complaint.

I can’t stand bullys !

Or stand right in front of him, tell him you have had certain feelings for him for a while and it was about time you you let him know, slowly move your head towards his as if you were going to kiss him then with the reflexes of a cat give him a Glasgow kiss :grimacing:

It’s not easy for everyone to put a fist in someones face and I wouldn’t.If you did that then I’m pretty sure the agency would bin you and the firm you was at wouldn’t want you again.
Maybe a quiet word with your agency asking them not to send you on the same jobs,they are bound to ask why and that is your cue to tell them.Don’t underplay it just tell them how it is,I’m pretty sure they have guidelines about harrassment at work.
Chin up lad.

Bri

Denis F:
or ignore the [zb] and wait for the karma to sort it, one day he will mess something up and you will be there to watch :grimacing:

^ This best just smile walk away say nowt simple who is the big man then him or you as it is harder to walk away

I cant stand bullies either but sometimes just best to leave it

A swift kick in the ■■■■■■■■ in the car park after work. No chat, job done. :wink:

yeh ive had it before in my life,im big but queit and tend say the wrong things really, in the past i have just got hold of people and got in trouble really,i walk away and never say anything then i just snap i can see me doing the same shortley,but i dont want hassle just get on with my day and thats it,dont want say owt to the agency they will think im a moaner

ffs grow some ■■■■■■■■, tell him if he wants to continue this conversation we will take it outside the “gates” no doubt he will ■■■■ himself and laugh it of if he doesnt chin the ■■■■ or if all else fails go to your car grab a wheel brace and well you know the rest :slight_smile: not that i could condone such actions :wink:

lol i know i will inform u when it happens ,…watch this space

Rooster:
Confront the bully on the trailer park, one to one, explain your feelings, and I bet he backs off, if not make a formal complaint.

I can’t stand bullys !

This +1

I cant stand bully’s either, we all like a bit of banter an in our firm we often call each other names as a joke but this fella wouldn’t last 2 mins before I had him up by his throat between the trailers

Some people are just incapable of holding an intelligent conversation and so resort to ‘Put Downs’ instead ,I really believe its the way they’re wired up. As the saying goes ‘Dont let the ■■■■■■■■ get you down’.Dont waste your energy on him and dont lose your job over the clown .Just ignore them,Ive found this the best way by far.

I get ■■■■ from some people at work due to being quite young, 22, but normally just smile and wave, or walk away and have a ■■■. Wouldn’t and never have flown off the handle though, thats just going to get me pulled into the office and branded a trouble maker by the gov, then who’s won.

He’s obviously insecure,or has delusions of grandeur.Sees himself as office material maybe.Do your job nice and quiet.You’re probably better than you seem to think you are.We’ve all screwed up,and will continue to do so.Hopefully less as time goes on :unamused: .Personally,I’d get really calm and ask him straight what his problem is with you.Hope this helps you.

Retorts work! Start taking the proverbial about appearance or mannerisms
Or have the fella outside work time! :laughing:
I hope it’s not me your talking about as I wouldn’t want to offend litterally! :sunglasses:

Listen if you want to take ■■■■ you’ll be taking it your whole life stand up to him if he knows he’ll get ■■■■ back every time he’ll soon button it. None of this kick his head in just stand up to him ask him straight what is your problem stare him out.

I don’t get on with quite a few drivers at my depot all manner of runs from them not changing bulbs to them going in a huff when i went out in the snow last year, they where giving it out plenty 2 in particular they soon stop once they know what your made of and can give it back in double measures.

Im sorry i just don’t believe in ignoring it - you cant ignore it you go home you think about it, its obviously causing you grief as you’ve made a thread about it.

I hate bullies i would happily swap with you for a day if i could.

Here is a few suggestions for comebacks, make him look pathetic

Very good brains of Britain
You’re too clever for me

i got a numpty at work who is a prick who does excatly the same all i do is smile at him and then carry on with my work after the fifth time he left me alone

This bloke sounds a real charmer, as said best if you can avoid smacking him no point in losing work because of some knob.
I couldnt ignore it for long before giving him some of his abuse back, his sort tend not to like it thrown back at them.
Dont be seen if you decide to grip him.

ShropsBri:
It’s not easy for everyone to put a fist in someones face and I wouldn’t.

It is if you’re pushed you would…
Did that in a transport office once, had another driver pinned against the wall, took a swing but he ducked in time… :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: