Bullyling at work

Denis F:
or ignore the [zb] and wait for the karma to sort it, one day he will mess something up and you will be there to watch :grimacing:

DITTO.

He sounds a right tool as mentioned already here a quick kick in his gonads will shut him up :smiley:

In an assertive tone: RIGHT, RAP IT!

Then walk away. This is enough to say ■■■■ off, ■■■■ up and it is melow enough that your not encouraging violence or the like.

I would 110% tell your agency as you’ll find that within an hour his bosses will know.

The guy is just a pig. He more thatn likely feels threatened by you for some reason, maybe he thinks you are more experienced or may think you are a future rival for work that gets hard to find after christmas.

Don’t bottle it up or you’ll end up hitting him at the wrong time.
And I can tell you from experience physical assualt isn’t good for your employment prospects. :blush:

People like him are usually covering for thier own shortcoming and lack of control of thier own life. He probably hasn’t really got the experience you think he has. You can either leave or face him down as somebody else has said. If you’re a big bloke and sound angry enough he’ll soon back down.

However on a another note, when I first started Truck driving I had a similar thing from another truck driver, it went on for ages. He was and ex-miner and didn’t really seem to like the fact that I’d been an office worker.
However after a while he seemed to decide that I wasn’t some management stooge, after that I couldn’t have worked with a better bloke.

Good luck, but don’t let it go.

i would still smile at him and if possible laugh at him failing that follow him home tie him up pour petrol over him and set him alight (not that i condon things like that)

Knock him out job done

He probably feels inadequate in front of you, and may have a small ■■■■■, so belittling you in front of others makes up for it.

I’d be interested in which company it is he works for, and which agency you work for.

PM me if you want.

Ken.

Quinny:
He probably feels inadequate in front of you, and may have a small ■■■■■, so belittling you in front of others makes up for it.

I’d be interested in which company it is he works for, and which agency you work for.

PM me if you want.

Ken.

Me too…and maybe any of the other drivers who think this is wrong and could maybe make a difference would like to know,it maybe a firm one of us works for.

PM me too if you want.

Take him to one side and tell him you’ve had enough of his spineless mouth & you’re going to have to sort the problem out one way or the other & that’s up to him how that’s done!!

Advise the agency AND the transport manager where you’re working that you’re being bullied by this pratt & ask them to place you and him on different jobs or have you both in the office & sort the job out officially, they know bullying in the work place goes on and they must have a duty of care to make sure they don’t put anyone at risk of it.

The alternative is to give the chopsy [zb] a good hiding but you risk losing your job & reputation if you do :frowning:

I hope anyone reading this who knowingly bully others Anywhere will now realise we all have a very low opinion of them & change their cowardly ways from here on in!!!

BB

Interetsing:

direct.gov.uk/en/Employment/ … G_10026670

Ken.

Those that have read the abuse from customers thread will know of an abusive site foreman who belittles drivers, labourers, plant ops etc. I reported one case and glad I did: I lost it when he got threatening and abusive a second time and after I threatened to use my steel toecaps on him he scarpered and rang my employer to say Id threatened him…Point is, report it and if nothings done then a confrontation is the way…with witnesses preferably as happened to me.

When I got bullied in school, I followed a number of steps which I felt were the right ones to take.

1. Tell them to ■■■■ off and give it a rest.

If that didn’t work.

1. Told someone aka in my case a teacher (a couple times if necessary) and if they don’t sort it you will be forced to take matters into your own hands.

If nothing was done in my case or if it didn’t work.

1. Try play them at their own game with whitty come backs.

if it still carried on

1. Just hit them, repeatedly if necessary (Or if to vent frustration…) and if/when you get pulled up about it just tell them you had warned them that you would take matters into your own hands.

Nip this ■■■■ in the bud as soon as you can, because the longer you let it carry on the more your opening yourself up to other people doing the same kind of crap. The sooner you sort it the better.

Cheers

Jonny

the only way to deal with people like this is directly .
Get him by himself and ask him what his problem is if he says hes got one then tell him to sort it out with you there if he hasnt tell him to lay off .
Bet he ■■■■■ an never bothers you again !

You say you are no good at comebacks, totally understandable.

I bet you can blow a kiss though. He will soon [zb] off and leave ya alone. This approach works best if you are married/in a steady relationship so the rest of the guys know the truth.

Failing that, tell the boss at the firm and also the agency. Then, if/when he pushes you too far and you do nut him, you can say that you had given people the chance to sort it but they wouldnt.

Good luck.

jonnytruckfest:
When I got bullied in school, I followed a number of steps which I felt were the right ones to take.

1. Tell them to [zb] off and give it a rest.

If that didn’t work.

1. Told someone aka in my case a teacher (a couple times if necessary) and if they don’t sort it you will be forced to take matters into your own hands.

If nothing was done in my case or if it didn’t work.

1. Try play them at their own game with whitty come backs.

if it still carried on

1. Just hit them, repeatedly if necessary.
  1. Take the Columbine Option. :wink:

Many many years ago when I was in the army I worked with a guy who was just like the one you describe, I spoke the the RSM about it and he told me to do the following and I can assure it works, in fact I’ve used this method several times since and it never fails:

1. Get yourself in a situation where you and the bully are out of earshot of everyone.

2. Tell the bully in a very soft but firm voice whilst looking directly at him if he mocks, bullies or intimidates you again you will hurt him.

3. Gently slap bully on cheek twice, laugh and walk away before he can react.

You must use a commanding firm voice for this, you must convince the bully you mean it.

Never fails.

I started a job as a agency driver and got loads of grief from the the old ■■■■■ who had been there for years, and also from the so called union and from the so called hard men in the firm, you know the ones i mean. Anyway i was on agency for 6 months before the company decided i was good to go and took me on. The day i signed my contract the retribution started. One by one i knocked them mothertruckers down! not literally, but verbally and in kind. Treat everyone of them with the contempt that they deserve, there only hairy arsed truck drivers anyway! Find out what they like and go out of your way to [zb] it up for them, Ring their mug that they leave in the wagon, move everything around in the truck this really ■■■■■■ them off, change all the radio stations, put everything in the opposite place, etc etc etc… but smile when you do it… dont let anyone give you any ■■■■ …[zb] em!!!

I hate bullies with a passion!!! They are all spineless ■■■■■■■
Take him round the back of the yard and beat the ■■■■■■ ■■■■ out of the ■■■■■■■

steve the argonaut:
Many many years ago when I was in the army I worked with a guy who was just like the one you describe, I spoke the the RSM about it and he told me to do the following and I can assure it works, in fact I’ve used this method several times since and it never fails:

1. Get yourself in a situation where you and the bully are out of earshot of everyone.

2. Tell the bully in a very soft but firm voice whilst looking directly at him if he mocks, bullies or intimidates you again you will hurt him.

3. Gently slap bully on cheek twice, laugh and walk away before he can react.

You must use a commanding firm voice for this, you must convince the bully you mean it.

Never fails.

Could you please PM me your full name & address 'cos I’ve just followed your advice & my missus has broken my jaw in 3 places, I have 2 fractured ribs & I’m bleeding thru every orifice including my ears. My consultant has informed me I may never be able to sit down & conventionally ■■■ ever again.

I’m not going to sue you, I’m hoping to employ you as my bodyguard.