Brit pete, or marcustandy

translation please! took this a while back and forgot to put it on here. i know that its something to do with Mercedes.

It says - Without me the Autobahn will be nice and empty. Exactly the same as your fridge.

Nothing to do with Mercedes but pointing out that no trucks on the roads might lead to less congestion, however it would also mean you would not be able to buy any of life’s little necessities, such as food. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Danke Niel, 100% good translation.

:smiley: Thats good I like it.

Sorry, I was late ‘to the party’. Mein Deutchse ist nicht so gut!

Well, not compared with some of our other resident linguists!! :laughing: :laughing:

Come along people …

This post has been up for a day now so I can’t believe nobody else has pointed out what a bunch of “cunninglinguist’s” we have on here…?

The old ones are the best…except in my case… :blush: :wink:

Taxi for Montana Man!!! :stuck_out_tongue: :wink: :smiley:

brit pete:

Danke Pete, 50% good spelling of my name. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley:

Coffeeholic:

brit pete:

Danke Pete, 50% good spelling of my name. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley:

Taxi for NEIL…

EVER so sorry Neil, i will do best not to repeat that
mistake, :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :open_mouth: :slight_smile:

brit pete:

No worries Pete, my Mother-in Law- still misspells it on birthday cards and she has known me for 29 years.

Coffeeholic:

brit pete:

No worries Pete, my Mother-in Law- still misspells it on birthday cards and she has known me for 29 years.

U dont think shes giving you a hint then ; :laughing: :laughing:

I’m really impressed with some of you lot,
I can look at signs in French, Italian even Spanish and at least make a rough translation, but German just doesn’t make sense to me. :frowning:

muckles:
I’m really impressed with some of you lot,
I can look at signs in French, Italian even Spanish and at least make a rough translation, but German just doesn’t make sense to me. :frowning:

I find German signs fairly easy to understand, usualy.
The spelling looks a bit odd and the words are often in the wrong order But I find that if I say it out loud rather than trying to translate it in my head, it starts to make sense. Then I can fill in the gaps, in my vocabulary, with what I hope it says :open_mouth: :blush: :laughing:

Simon:
I can fill in the gaps, in my vocabulary, with what I hope it says :open_mouth: :blush: :laughing:

But how come all the signs you read end up as- Free Beer Ahead :wink:

eddie snax:

Simon:
I can fill in the gaps, in my vocabulary, with what I hope it says :open_mouth: :blush: :laughing:

But how come all the signs you read end up as- Free Beer Ahead :wink:

That’s probally only you. :wink: The only bloke so tight with his money that he crashed his truck because he was more interested in getting a free cuppa out of another driver than looking where he was going. :laughing:

Get yerself a German speaking girlfriend .Thats the only way to learn a language fast.
( I have a degree in ■■■■■■■■■■■ & Psychology ) :laughing: :laughing: