Bowden bridge M56 to M6 Manchester to the south

I can see this being a long and protracted one, no exit at jnc 7 for the M6 south, Diversion via jnc 9 and round lymm islands with Lemmings you may be quicker going to 10 right round the island and sliding round that way to the M6 south could save a bit of queueing :frowning: .

Oh well it’s only been falling apart for years, thats why it’s been 1 lane for years, can’t even cope with that by the look of it :open_mouth:

I think someones given it a nudge!

They were hopeful of opening it tonight if engineers are happy, but only to cars at first, sorry to you big wheeler guys.

I can’t wait to see the signing for that, a 6’6’’ width restriction ? on top of all the long term “TEMPORARY” signs advising get in lane etc, no wonder there’s so much confusion around there :open_mouth: , Im confused and i drive it work it most days :open_mouth: they may install WIMS but i doubt it.

Just to let you guys know, this bridge will be coming down this year, and a new one built in it’s place, so work out your alternative routes.
Most of the motorway closures to facilitate the big lifts will take place overnight, but there will obviously be lane closures etc.

The bridge needs to be built heading off to the left and be around 4 miles long and 6 lanes wide, dropping nicely onto the M6

The real Biffo:
Just to let you guys know, this bridge will be coming down this year, and a new one built in it’s place, so work out your alternative routes.
Most of the motorway closures to facilitate the big lifts will take place overnight, but there will obviously be lane closures etc.

Plus a nice shiny new set of average speed cams that work so well that they shall remain in place after the reconstruction. :unamused:

Ark-Angel:
Plus a nice shiny new set of average speed cams that work so well that they shall remain in place after the reconstruction. :unamused:

Why

Hahaha, unlikely, if you are sliding in the M60 ones at Stockport under that inference, they are on a bad bend with a few fatalities within a few days (Not saying that drink or drug driving had anything to do with them though, :slight_smile:)

The new Bowden bridge build it “supposedly” in a field at the side and slide it into place scenario only has 2 shortfalls, 1 probably about 18 inch too short and 2 the H/a are involved :open_mouth:

But that is purely my view from experience and not an official view :smiley: