blow out

well that didnt take long, apart from days here and there over the last 7 months, i have only been driving artics every day for the last 2 months, and today while heading to worksop along the A1 i had a blow out on my off side rear trailer axle, was fully loaded at the time and felt a wobble when it went. glad nothing was passing me at the time and no damage was caused to other vehicles.

gotta say that hard shoulder on the a1 is narrow, a bit of my mud guard was hanging out into the carriageway, no way could i get to it by going along side the trailer so i crawled underneath and pulled it back in. ATS guy turned up and called the HA, who took about 30 mins to turn up and close 1 lane off. was back on the road after 2.5 hours in total.

hopefully thats my 1 and only blowout, wouldnt like 1 to go on the unit

ps, sorry if any of you guys got caught in the traffic it caused, another driver from my company got caught up in it lol

One of ours had a blow out n/s steer. I was amazed at the damage took away the stair and the headlight body panel. Must be like a little bomb going off.

Never had one myself nor do i want one :smiley:

When we were running on Cavalier remoulds back in the 80’s I had two blowouts in one trip from Ashbourne to Coventry! The first one took the rear mudguard and lights but the second one only blew the panels out under the tipper body. I managed to tie the lights up to keep them from dragging on the road, but had no spare bulbs for them though!! Have had front tyres go flat a few times, gets a little heavy on the handlebars :laughing: , but no blowouts.

Pete.

On the M180 towards Immingham this morning there was a white premium well over on its nearside having had a blowout on the front, coming back on the opposite side the afternoon there were at least 5 trucks and one car all at the side of the road with punctures over a ten mile stretch :confused:

Back at the begining of the year I was on my way to work on my scooter and was behind an artic next thing I know there was a loud bang and bits of rubber and mudguard flying at me luckily nothing hit me but I can tell it was a brown trouser moment.

went down A1 south yesterday for PD logistics, saw a Lorry on fire about 3.00pm,near Boroughbridge area, further on, crossed M18 to -M1, saw a lorry getting recovered off M1 North, M18 filter lane looked as though he had been on his side, possible blow out, ■■ coming back north M1, saw a caravan wiped out just passed Nottingham, some accidents all round lately.

merc0447:
One of ours had a blow out n/s steer. I was amazed at the damage took away the stair and the headlight body panel. Must be like a little bomb going off.

That happened to me not long after coming out of tibshelf servs on the M1,took out the step made a bit of a mess,watched part of the tyre bounce down the banking after I stopped on the H/S :smiley:

And yeah I nearly ■■■■ my pants!! :open_mouth: :grimacing:

Seen one go bang on one of those big cranes you see out and about,on the M4 a few months back.
Now that was like a bomb going off,huge dust cloud too.

Thetaff:

merc0447:

That happened to me not long after coming out of tibshelf servs on the M1,took out the step made a bit of a mess,watched part of the tyre bounce down the banking after I stopped on the H/S :smiley:

And yeah I nearly [zb] my pants!! :open_mouth: :grimacing:

I lost a trailer wheel and complete hub down the bank near Tibshelf, that was a bit scary as the bloody thing passed me about 15’ in the air

I lost a drive wheel on the motorway south of Rouen, it overtook me, rolled straight down the ‘little’ hard shoulder parallel to the crash barrier with me chasing it like a greyhound, it came to a halt and gently laid itself against the barrier and waited for me to take it back to the truck. Ten knackered studs, two tyres and a hub :blush: