BLIMEY!!

Just been given this job for tomorrow…
Drive to Harwich, overnight boat to Hook of Holland.
Drive through Germany to Denmark.
Park up for 24hrs.
Collect helicopter parts for Poland Monday morning.
Now here’s the fun part…

Drive from Denmark back to Hook of Holland.
Over to the UK , Turn around and straight back to Hook of Holland.
Deliver to Swidnik Poland .A.S.A.P!
Turn around, back home through Dunkirk Dover, onto Exeter.
BLIMEY!! :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

I don’t fully understand it, but it is something to do with Danish tax law. We used to take a load from Cambridge to Munich, but we had to go via Denmark, all we had to do was go over the Danish border, then come off at the first exit, turn round and go back into Germany and head on to the delivery point.

import export tax springs to mind
old trick with mobile phones claim tax back

I think it’s to do with the export licence, concerning what we’re delivering.

Similar scam some years ago when cloggies were coming into Felixstowe with fridges,out of the dock gate to the first roundabout,turned round and back on the boat.

I know , but meatballs… twice? :open_mouth: Thrice even !!! :imp:

My dad picked a 45ft long statue thing up from Surrey the other week, took it to Geneve, did customs, turned round, and took it back to Surrey.
when i used to pull tilts in the 90’s a few times i went empty to Thurrock, i’d meet a Belgian driver who had 26 pallets of coca-cola, they took the pallets off his trailer, put them on mine, then we would change trailers, he’d take his coke back to Belgium, and i would go somewhere and load his empty.
its all a big fiddle!

bestbooties:
Similar scam some years ago when cloggies were coming into Felixstowe with fridges,out of the dock gate to the first roundabout,turned round and back on the boat.

I remember it well mate, but it wasn’t just Dutch guys on that job. :wink: :grimacing:

Used to take Pampers to Frosinone for Proctor + Gamble.
Reload Frosinone with Pampers for the UK :confused:

Anyone remember the common market food and wine mountains ( do we still have them? ) a right little fiddle going on there.

bigvern1:
I know , but meatballs… twice? :open_mouth: Thrice even !!! :imp:

Personally, I reckon the food on the Harwich-Hook boat is the best on any crossing… the only problem I have with that boat is the way they wake you up ten minutes after you have got to sleep :wink:

back in the 70s i used to load max factor from poole to aachen / clear customs at aachen then re export to amsterdam and unload at weesp and the goods never came of the trailer.

that was in my days with kwikasair

The real masters at this art were the Irish, simple things like a load of hay earned them all kinds of tax advantages and money from the EEC, the old farmers used to load a 40’ flat with hay bales, hook a tractor on to it & run through the border then back to whichever side they started from through the fields, then turn around and do it all again, some of those hay bales were years old :laughing:

A couple of times in the past I loaded garments out of the air freight area at Heathrow which had come in from the Far East, took them to Dublin and cleared customs then got back on the same ferry and brought them back to the UK. It was something to do with the importer using up his import quota, or something like that, from the country of origin to the UK but once they had cleared customs in Ireland they goods were in free circulation within the EU so could legally come into the UK. The goods never left the trailer and the seal wasn’t broken until I arrived back at the warehouse near Heathrow where the shipment was unloaded.

Well…I’ve just this minute got back. It was epic. Snow and ice everywhere. My little 7.5 tonner never got stuck once. Why can’t this country get it’s arse into gear?
I went to bed on Friday night, with snow up to the step.
Got up on Saturday, and the roads had been cleared, treated etc. Bone dry within 9hrs!
Driving schools giving lessons during blizzards. No wonder we’re screwed. One flake and the world stops. I never saw one vehicle stuck. It was brilliant.
I’m shagged now though. Nite! :smiley:

Hi big vern1.well done that man.pleased you had a good trip.where did you get snow :question: write a recap on here of exactly where you went and conditions for our interest :slight_smile: just as a matter of interest,do you carry snow chains with you,and are they compulsory for 7.5ton vehicles as they are for bigger trucks in some parts of europe :question: take care.mike