(((((( ((( bin wagon driver advice help )))))))

Hi, Ive got a driving assessment coming up very soon and im after any advice to help with this. All i know about the wagon is its a mercedes 22ton automatic. Any tips greatly received THANKS

Never collect whilst going backwards - always collect going forwards - the guys at the rear don’t like being run over. :unamused:

The auto I drove had a weird set up - push switch forward to go back and pull switch back to go forwards :confused: :confused: - neutral was in the middle of the two.

Use the camera which shows what is going on at the rear - if its not too dirty :exclamation: :exclamation:

Camera should be checked on the daily checks and never be dirty.

Big tip with these Automatic bin trucks when approaching roundabouts and you see a gap and you have momentum do not floor the throttle or it will kick down a gear a throw the assesor thro winderscreen

Squeeze the throttle on gently this will hold the gear and give you smooth acelleration

yeah i drive one at the mo. the main thing i notice with these autos is that at islands you really have to make sure its clear as they can take a few yards to get going.
my assessment was easy, they not lookin for worlds best driver just some confidence. at the end of the day bin wagon drivers really have to break a few rules otherwise the job will never get done and the bosses know this.

did one day so far!! :smiley:

as said watch on round abouts :open_mouth: , you’ll get plently!! of reversing. :unamused:

no tipping on reversing!!

also put in to netural for rear bin mech to work!! :question: every time you stop

regards
Paul

And watch out for the nappies on the landfill site (if you get the job) as they are [zb]ing slippy… I nearly went on my arse a few times coz of them little white landmines :laughing:
Oh and try and remember to either always breathe through your nose or gritted teeth as swallowing flies is not fun… Trust me on this :open_mouth:

Only guessing on this one

HANDBREAK on when tipping the bins

I know its obvious but remember it

Thanks for all the tips and the humour lol. Will post on how it went im just going to enjoy the experience :slight_smile:

Follow up to above all went well quick run through basics of cab functions etc and off we went not in the slightest bit nervous just enjoyed the driving nice to be back behind the wheel and on the road. :slight_smile:

SKYE:
Follow up to above all went well quick run through basics of cab functions etc and off we went not in the slightest bit nervous just enjoyed the driving nice to be back behind the wheel and on the road. :slight_smile:

GREAT - When will you know if you got the job :question: