best excuse

Hi all what is the best excuse you have used for been late at a drop, and there have let you in on that one

Three hours late at Asda Lutterworth lieing swines in office told em i had a blowout.I just laughed when the gestapo at gate asked me if it was true I still got in :cry: :cry: :cry:

There all too scared to mess with me.

“Why are you late?”

“Because”

“ok sorry, will have a cup of tea for you when you’re back in.”

:laughing: :laughing: I wish

Steve-o:
There all too scared to mess with me.

“Why are you late?”

“Because”

“ok sorry, will have a cup of tea for you when you’re back in.”

:laughing: :laughing: I wish

if you got a cup ot tea for been late what would you get for been ontime :laughing: :stuck_out_tongue:

youre late .

AND :question: :smiley:

OR yehh but no but shirleyanne that ■■■■ hadwayne at the back of the bus then weallgotkickedoffthentyronegotbusted ETC

I was only late once,cleared at 1100hrs Poole arrived at
1400hrs Dunstable.The idiot on the gate told me to tip at
0600hrs in the morning.He mentioned that his wife was
going to the swimming pool that afternoon for a dip.
When I arrived late the next day I described his wife
(from HiS description) & said I’d spent the afternoon
wih her.He swung for me & he ended in hospital for the day.
Ended up,he got the sack.
Dave did not.
Did the same with Norberts at Toulouse (Carrefour)
Bank managers are gullible. :imp:

If its sunday " paid by the hour so carry on £17.50 an hour time and a half after whatever time " normally works
In the week its " paid by the hour £11.00 and time and a half " that works too
If they say well have a short night I say “thats ok cause I’m garenteed 12hrs even if i dont tip” .
But to be honest we dont get much hassel if any

I find the truth is best most of the time… :slight_smile:

wonder what would happen if i turned up late to an rdc wearing a chuck norris mask?

lol.

gogzy:
wonder what would happen if i turned up late to an rdc wearing a chuck norris mask?

lol.

i bet you would get tipped very quickley. :open_mouth: :laughing:

ive normally had the company saying that the vehicle has had a puncture so i get them to walk round the lorry and find the new tyre. :unamused:

ive been blamed for being lost on the M25 coming to leeds from felixstowe :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

but they never blame themselves for not being able to get their arse in gear and get me loaded in time to make the delivery.

I was running late a few weeks back due to the wagon not starting after not being used so the boss said “just think of any excuse if they moan at you for being late”
, and had a drop in Exeter was meant to be there at 12pm with 3 coils of steel and arrived at just gone 2.25pm walks over to the goods in window and tells them “sorry I’m late but the normal driver had to go home as his missus is giving birth, I had to come down in a car and do a swap with him at Michealwood services”

worked a treat :smiley:

Like many on here , when workning in old company , (fruit market) we would be waiting on you lot lol, getting fresdh stock in , so always late by the time i got to my drops the phones would be going with customers and office would give all sorts off excuses ,BUT never tell you the driver wot they had sayed so we used to play wot excuse did they give today !
If office staff was right we had the most unreliable fleet ever with the worst tyre company ! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

jessicas dad:

gogzy:

lol.

i bet you would get tipped very quickley. :open_mouth: :laughing:

ive normally had the company saying that the vehicle has had a puncture so i get them to walk round the lorry and find the new tyre. :unamused:

ive been blamed for being lost on the M25 coming to leeds from felixstowe :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

but they never blame themselves for not being able to get their arse in gear and get me loaded in time to make the delivery.

im gonna see about getting a chuck norris mask made and see if i can go to tesco and get tipped quickly, or just get the real chuck norris and see what happens lol, put a sign on the back door or inside of the trailer saying chuck norris is driving so its wise to get him tipped quickly…there is a roundhouse kick waiting if you dont

It’s a very rare thing for me to be late. I’d fit in quite well as an honourable japanese train driver.
However, I do have some gooduns for the gestapo.

"You’re two hours late. "

“So you’ll delay me by only one hour instead of the customery three then?”
or
“Yes, i know” whilst laughing.
or
“The longer it takes, the more i earn, you’d do the same if you were on £17.00 an hour”.
or
“Sorry i’m late, I was in the travel agents, she’s an expensive filly my wife. Hawaii again” it must be said like an officer.

I just smile and agree with them, it normally puts them on the wrong foot and they can’t handle it, some of them even resort to bad language whilst I can remain calm.

When I have enough evidence against them I embarrass them by calling their boss and telling them that they are the public face of the company and cannot speak without using the language of the gutter.

Either that or I just punch his lights out :smiley:

Wheel Nut:
I just smile and agree with them, it normally puts them on the wrong foot and they can’t handle it, some of them even resort to bad language whilst I can remain calm.

When I have enough evidence against them I embarrass them by calling their boss and telling them that they are the public face of the company and cannot speak without using the language of the gutter.

Either that or I just punch his lights out :smiley:

simling and agreeing with them really is the best way to wind folk up, ive done it many a time its great.
never really had a problem with deliveries cause ive hardly ever done rdc deliveires, tho on friday i was 3 hours late for one of my drops and the guy didnt seem to pleased but there wasnt much i could do as they had routed me to go round edinburgh first then fife then dundee then up to him in montroes, a good 80 miles or soo from my first drop, and i only made it to the tay bridge before i had to take my first break which didnt help matters. but what can i do?

If i feel like making an excuse usually say…“sorry i`m late, but i set the alarm for 4 and theres 5 of us” that usually sets them thinking, but normally i dont make excuses for the incompetence of our planners…i just tell them the truth.

I think the best ones are when your boss/planner is on the phone to the customer making excuses when you’re stood in the customers office.
Don’t ask me why they do this, It’s good fun though.

I’ve given up on excuses now. Just show pure indifference and it takes all the wind out of their sails.

You’re late.

And?

That load was booked in for 1.30

Do you want it or not? I’ll take it back, not a problem.

sigh Stick it on bay 10 drive.

limeyphil:
I think the best ones are when your boss/planner is on the phone to the customer making excuses when you’re stood in the customers office.
Don’t ask me why they do this, It’s good fun though.

Slight derail here.

I was having a toe to toe with some jumped up security man about being late, he called the site manager who threatened me with a site ban. I said fine, ban me. I am going to call your boss he told me, so I jumped in the truck, pressed the phone and passed him it, here you are I have done it for you. I put it on speaker phone too so we could all hear the conversation.

My boss listened and then stood up for me by saying if Malc says he was delayed by traffic than I believe him. We trust our drivers implicitly, If you want the product get it sorted or tell Malc to leave site in 15 minutes. We will charge you for a failed delivery and maybe redeliver it next week if we can fit you in.

ok, back on track