Your late ....

Had to deliver to Nobby’s at Manny airport freight yesterday, should be a Monday drop but weve got a busy week ahead so pulled some forward a day,
According to them being brought forward a delivery day is classed as late :unamused:

When I said I wasnt that arsed if they sent it back or not as beer o clock is around the corner the cheif chirpa said my attitude was wrong and I would never work for their company with an attitude like that :laughing:
“Thank god, ive never rated the French anyway” :grimacing:

Theres some serious jobsworths out there in numptyland.

When I used to do multidrop the amount of customers that thought it would ruin my day if they refused the delivery for whatever reason. I Just politely smiled and said “thats fine, we will just bring it back at a charge” they soon took the delivery.

Or say that ok will just take it back but not sure when it will be delivered & you will be charged

Or when they all decided to take a break the boss came out spoke down to me so I said ok will take it back he said can I come back later my reply was no have somewhere eles to go asked when he would get it I replied dont know he said but we on break me not my break & you dont have that specified as some company do they took it

When I was driving for TDG on the Henderson garage door contract I was sent to a house in Felsted essex with a double garage door, the young guy came out and says just put it here, so I points out I need assistance, his reply was, I’ve paid Travis Perkins £20 delivery so I aint helping, 1 call to Hendersons later and I’m told just bring it back, then the following week I’m sent to the same house, with the same result, the 3rd week its sent back and this time a guy from Travis Perkins is waiting for me, he helps lift the door off and says thats it, just put it inside the property (The drive was about 200ft long) and signs my ticket, the customer was ranting about wanting it put next to his garage, my reply was simple, you refused twice so it aint my problem Lol He then turned to the travis perkins guy and said he was cancelling the door to which the guy replied, just call our office and they’ll sort it for you. I never went back to collect it so he must of kept it and had to seek help to carry it down the drive

I had my gripes with Hendersons but they did stick up for the drivers most of the time

The French did the same though, a few times I have been pulled out of a delivery place as the booking time wasn’t upheld, we took the trailer back to a depot and took an empty out, they delivered it when the company paid redelivery costs.

The more this is done, the better it well get for the hauliers and drivers.

Its when you ask them to sign, print,date, time + state reason for refusing delivery that the attitude usually changes.

Suedehead:
Its when you ask them to sign, print,date, time + state reason for refusing delivery that the attitude usually changes.

Yep had that 1 as well " can you just sign here to say you have refused this " they dont like that either have had them refuse as "I am not signing for anything "

There’s a site we deliver to regulary in Newbury which is a 7:30am tip, well the first time I went there I overslept and didn’t get there til 8, so was told to go away and come back after 12, despite there being no other lorries there :imp:

After much arguing I had no choice but to go and park up on the A34 til twelve. When I came back I had to go through all this H and S induction (zb) before I could get on site. Finally it was done and they back me into alongside this tiny loading bay surrounded by scaffolding and asked me to tip em into the building one by one :open_mouth:

At this point I kicked off, refused to do it on H+S grounds “you make me do a half hour induction and you want me to tip in there? No (zb) way!”. Banksman gets all arsey and says others drivers do it and he’s gonna send me away again. “fine” I said," you want me to break H+S laws after all that (zb) you put me through, hope your good at explaining why you turned me away"

At this point he muttered something about sorting it with his boss and walked off, meanwhile I took photos and called my boss explained the situation and quite rightly he agreed with me, told me to sit tight. Ten minutes later the bankmans shuffles back and says I can tip em off the side :stuck_out_tongue:

Said they were gonna ban me but it obviously hasn’t happened because I deliver there about once a week, first couple of times they ‘tried’ to get me to tip on this loading bay but now they let me tip off the side because it ain’t gonna happen any other way :laughing:

Your late… Ok!! I’ll go and bring it back earlier then!! :grimacing:

Had a full load of yougharts on EURO pallets <HINT HINTto a well known supermarket RDC i was pulled by vosa and they parked me up for a brake chamber not working so in under her got it off got another one delivered by local parts supplier got it on and down the road like ■■■ the load was booked in for 9:30 on sunday and i didnt get there to 12:30 and they let me in now i go to there RDC in ireland and if your in 30 minutes late ur booking in time they turn you away but the lady on the gate was going on about re scheduling it says you no wat you can do go XXXX yourself if you dont let me ill tip it at the gat so no one can get in or out about 30 seconds later the light comes on to open the gate bay 46 please and the key for the pallet truck is in where the battery is.

B1 GGK:
Had to deliver to Nobby’s at Manny airport freight yesterday, should be a Monday drop but weve got a busy week ahead so pulled some forward a day,
According to them being brought forward a delivery day is classed as late :unamused:

When I said I wasnt that arsed if they sent it back or not as beer o clock is around the corner the cheif chirpa said my attitude was wrong and I would never work for their company with an attitude like that :laughing:

Sooo? You were busy,and you expected a large international company to fit in with you’re plans ,and you are surprised they refused? :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

"Or say that ok will just take it back but not sure when it will be delivered & you will be charged "

That wont work if you are a day early, :unamused:

I had a delivery for what every woman wants in Possil in Glasgow, gets there 30 minutes before booking in time and reversed onto the bay, straight away the shutter went up and a bloke is waiting for me to show him what pallets he is to take off. then another bloke asks to see the paperwork, takes one look and says “he’s not booked in till 8:30 leave it” the first bloke says he’s not doing anything anyway and can tip it now. the second bloke says no, so the first bloke apologises and says he cant do it cos the other bloke is his supervisor.
i told the second bloke that if the load wasn’t off by 8:35 then i was away as if i was early and he wouldn’t take it then by 8:35 he was late and i wouldn’t wait.
bang on 8:29 i felt the pallet truck on the back of the wagon and went round and it was the second bloke draggin off the pallets as the first bloke had went for a break.

8 pallets of clothes weighing about 1/2 a ton each as you would expect i didn’t help

grousebeater

Funniest retort I’ve heard was:

Booking in berk to driver ‘‘Your late, you should of been here at 08.30’’

Driver to booking in berk ‘‘Why?, what happened’’ :grimacing:

Dunno then?:

B1 GGK:

Sooo? You were busy,and you expected a large international company to fit in with you’re plans ,and you are surprised they refused? :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

They were stood around nutscratching, and they accepted the delivery :grimacing:

I had a load refused once because it wasnt newspaper - everyone in the warehouse was standing around or asleep but could have tipped me in 10 minutes flat… :unamused:

When i did a Holiday Cover in swiss. 2700.-/month i wasn’t much looking after the Time.
Arrived near Genf in a Town at around 23.00 was one staying outside a Electro Shop watching TV.
I stop and ask for Way. He couldnt German and i not french.So he came with me and ten min later we were at Uni.
The Lad with me were anything explaining to the Security and suddenly they were gone busy unloading the Lorry,putting all Books behind the first Door.
I didn’t know whats on till,when we were finish the Lad asked me for Pay. no,i told him he has to change the Uni.
The security went with him to the Office to call his Supervisor and i left,as i had the Signature.
Two weeks later had the Boss Time for a Chat with me about driving after 10 Pm. Don’t know who paid the Lad,but it wasn’t supposed to unload that Day.Just,the other Day would i have been alone. :slight_smile:

Big Joe:
Funniest retort I’ve heard was:

Booking in berk to driver ‘‘Your late, you should of been here at 08.30’’

Driver to booking in berk ‘‘Why?, what happened’’ :grimacing:

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: quite honestly pure genius :laughing:

when people tell me that i’m late, my usual reply is “this container has come half way around the world, and you are complaining that it is X hours late?”

they usually tip it :grimacing:

B1 GGK:

Dunno then?:

B1 GGK:

They were stood around nutscratching, and they accepted the delivery :grimacing:

Lol. :smiley: