The best excuses not to tip you have ever heard

Hi all go one for you

what is the best excuse there tell there can not load or unload you :open_mouth:

watch your language though be nice and polite in your comments please :laughing:

and also how is the longest you have had to wait to tip :frowning:

Del

You will have to take it back drive, there is too much plastic in it :open_mouth:

Not sure what he meant as I was quite new to driving a food tanker at the time.

The plastic was actually the packaging on the supermarket meat and chickens that had been rendered down for animal feed and tallow.

Another one was, you are late, we have been waiting for that. Take it away and get your company to rebook it tomorrow. :laughing:

18 hours at Mothercare, excuse - they were busy.

Truth was I sat in there watching the tumble weed roll by. Found out later that our previous driver had hacked off the woman in goods in by calling her a dyke. :open_mouth:

Another one was, you are late, we have been waiting for that. Take it away and get your company to rebook it tomorrow. :laughing:

good one there :laughing: :laughing: if there need it that bad you would of thought there would have tip

Del

Best one i suppose ā€œYOUR LATEā€ my answer,why what have a i missed! :laughing:

A little bit of topic, but kind of relevantā€¦

This happened to me on the day before Xmas Eve this yearā€¦

Blakemoreā€™s at Wolverhampton Science Park, Got there at 0945 for a 10am booking, they tipped me, took an hour and half to attempt to check it, As i walked in ito see what was going on, I overheard one of the checkers say to a manager "Iā€™m not checking that, itā€™ll take me hoursā€¦ The manager replied with ā€œOh just send it back, say its damagedā€ There were 12 different lines/products on the palletā€¦

They then tried telling me that they had taken a layer of Cat food off the pallet and some of the tins underneath had split openā€¦ I asked him to show me which ones had split open and he told me "I aint got the time to justify my actions to a driver "

So i took the pallet back, after writing the above story on the paperwork to cover my own arse!!

Found out later that our previous driver had hacked off the woman in goods in by calling her a dyke.

LMFAO :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

ERRā€¦
I was a bit naughty once :blush: :blush:

The customer said, well YELLED, ā€œtake it back, we wanted this yesterdayā€ so I said ā€œMy diary only has Monday to Sundayā€ā€¦

when i used to do gillette deliveries to RDC,s they would refuse the load if there were different fragrancies of the same stuff i,e. deodorants.they had to put each fragrance on a differen pallet even if it was only one case so you could have 10 pallets standing with a total of 50 pallets in all.the good thing was that the pallets were new or nearly new whites and they had to be exchanged for empties.gillettes had to keep buying pallets in if you know what i mean :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

Notr truck related, drove into a cash carry place in a van with a small box for them. That was it.

Long Q of artics sitting waiting to be unloaded, walked into office with my small box said got a delivery for you, ā€œget to the back of the Qā€, i reply ive only got this can you not just take it. ā€œNo we canā€™t get in the Qā€. I say look ive got 70 deliveries donā€™t have time to sit about for hours to deliver this small box, i get paid per delivery. The woman says get in the Q, i say ok then no probs fill in a failed delivery slip drop it through her window leave and drive off.

Next day same delivery again, walk in again told go to the back of the Q of artics, again fill in failed delivery note drop it through her window, she says are we going to have to do this again tomorow, i said no tried to deliver it twice now if you want your parcel will have to come down to the depot pick it up (40miles away) we are open till 6pm at night.

I walk off, back in my van the woman appears, ā€œdidnā€™t realise you were delivering ink for our office we desperatly need it, iā€™ll take it thanksā€ my reply sorry scanned it into the handset now it needs to go back to the depot (load of lies) youā€™ll need to come down to the depot to pick it up. Woman says ā€œbut we need itā€, i reply well if you hadnā€™t have been such a [zb] the day before and let me explain what i was delivering you wouldnt be having these problems and drove off.

Got back to depot, boss waiting for me, told him what happend he laughed it off said, good she sounds a right cow, you did the right thing we have to many deliveries to be messed about by people.

Went back a month later with a delivery of ink again, this time cold reception but delivery taken no probs :laughing:

Had similar problem doing other parcel deliveries, like delivering to a shop and supposed to stand in a huge Q whilst parked on double yellow lines whilst it would take store staff two seconds to sign for it and take it.

Again walked off not delivered it, that was company policy donā€™t get messed about doing 60-100 deliveries each day donā€™t have time to stand about waiting 10-15mins to deliver something, if we let everyone do that wouldnt get much done.

if it needs stars it aintā€™ alowed. :wink: colingl

stand your ground you would never deliver anything if you had to wait for everyone

Del

thats the way it goes on parcels, i was doing 18 tonner work for TNT, mostly pallets, but whatever deliveries i had on the morning, i absolutely HAD to be at my 3 pick ups at the end of the day, so queues or whatever, i wouldnt go duck shoving artic drivers or any drivers, id see if it was viable and if it wasnt its coming back.

always had 100% support from my boss (subbie).

Backed up close to bay, removed seal, opened doors, backed onto bay.

Supervisor ā€œyou cant remove the sealā€
me ā€œwhy not? I put it onā€
Supervisor ā€œmakes no difference, you cant take it off, I cant accept the delivery with a broken sealā€
me ā€œno problemā€

Pulls of the bay, close doors, puts on new seal, records seal number on documents, drive off. Drive 150 miles back to base, told boss what happened, boss phones supervisor to confirm story. Supervisor in deep mire :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Tiger.

tesco at crick once refused me as they had ā€œno roomā€

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

when i used to drive a pick up
we did several drops in and around London for variuos companies
1st MK 2nd Harlow
3rd Leggettts at Chingford
pull into yard as per normal
got a pallet for Swiss ā€¦yeah ok cant do it as weve got to load this tilt weā€™ll be 3 hours
one pallet blah blah

nothing doing so i up to office (pre mobby days)
ring yard blah blah cant take pallett blah blah
me ā€¦Glen iā€™ve just come from zb RoBa but ok
if you want

office bod soon out of his wanting to know whats what
anyway they bucked their ideas up when the office bloke spoke

If you go to McCains with potatoes they chip and fry some before they will tip you and they will reject the load if the chips donā€™t turn the right shade of gold.

Harry Monk:
If you go to McCains with potatoes they chip and fry some before they will tip you and they will reject the load if the chips donā€™t turn the right shade of gold.

Thatā€™s what I call quality control. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

If McCains knocked them back we used to take them to Marks and Spencer but I have had a bulker-load on all week trying to get rid of the same load of dodgy spuds before finally taking them to the Romney Marsh for pigfeed.

Tesco at Crick used to refuse hi-cube containers for being too high, when I had my own motors I used to take every one I could, pick them up from Purfleet, take them to my yard in Barking, send the driver out on another job & wait a couple of hours before ringing the shipping line with the news of the refusal & getting instructions to bring it back to the dock, a nice little 560 quid round trip rate for 10 miles actual work, ding dong :laughing: :wink:

i took a container to the Vetinary place at Milton Keynes and about six people (management/forklift truck driver and warehouse man)all stood scratching their heads looking into it and no one would get up and into the container to pump the pallets off. They where small pallets about 2 foot high and no weight in them. They did ask me to get up but i told them i aint allowed to. We waited five hours for an agency guy that they rang up to come in and unload it :smiley: