Being banned from an rdc etc

banned for life from Argos Bridgewater :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: also got the same length ban from Argos Lutterworth :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

B&Q Ystrad Mynach, got the same result for taking the same load back 2 days running :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

various other builders merchants in the south wales area too :smiley:

you can be rest assured Captain Spanky that you wont find your banned from the B+Q in ystrad mynach as the place shut down years ago!! :wink: :stuck_out_tongue: :laughing:

hardly surprising with the attitude of the staff there, this was about 10 years ago when i got banned from there :sunglasses:

Banned for life from Phillips Petroleum at Seal Sands. Due to going in with a tall 3 pot tank to load Kero, wouldn’t fit under gantry forwards so had to reverse in which upset the ■■■■ manager, things escalated and he poked me in the chest once too often (once was enough actually), he then discovered his finger actually could bend back to his forearm!

Result.

the maoster:
Banned for life from Phillips Petroleum at Seal Sands. Due to going in with a tall 3 pot tank to load Kero, wouldn’t fit under gantry forwards so had to reverse in which upset the ■■■■ manager, things escalated and he poked me in the chest once too often (once was enough actually), he then discovered his finger actually could bend back to his forearm!

Result.

I was looking for the facebook “like” button

When i was an OD with Mixers,the readymix hire firm,i was on hire to RMC at Norwich and we were delivering to Whitlingham sewage treatment works.The foreman on there, a right little hitler,banned me from site and even sent the load back because i had rigger boots on.

Wheel Nut:

the maoster:

Result.

I was looking for the facebook “like” button

Sorry WN, don’t understand the reference. I’m probably the only person in the world who’s never been on or wanted to be on Facebook.

Its bloody easy to get barred from some of these places.

Morrisons at Wakefield. A place I admittedly hated and managed to get barred from. When the exit Gestapo asked me if he could have a look in the trailer, I said “yes, the doors are at the back, make sure you close them properly won’t you”.

How come it’s always the worst places that try to ban you?
A certain feed mill near Stokesley with an intake Hitler to match all intake hitlers was always threatening to bar me. I used to beg them to. I even barred myself once, till financial pressures drew me back. The Hitler got promoted sideways as I think he may have ended up getting lynched if he’s stayed in the same job.
I do believe it’s a lot to do about attitude. You have to try to be agreeable as possible, whilst letting it be known that you won’t be messed about for fun.
I have politely offered to leave a lot of locations if loading/tipping has not been going well. Have also blown a fuse a few times never once has it worked to my long term advantage :frowning:

Lonewolf Yorks:
Its bloody easy to get barred from some of these places.

Morrisons at Wakefield. A place I admittedly hated and managed to get barred from. When the exit Gestapo asked me if he could have a look in the trailer, I said “yes, the doors are at the back, make sure you close them properly won’t you”.

Ha ha i like that one!

Not an RDC or even a delivery, but I managed to get banned twice from using Selby toll bridge a few years ago, once in a car for refusing to pay, and once in a wagon and drag for under paying toll, argued the toss over the weight of the vehicle as it was per tonne for HGVs, I didnt want to give em another 20p lol.

ajdavis64:
Not an RDC or even a delivery, but I managed to get banned twice from using Selby toll bridge a few years ago, once in a car for refusing to pay, and once in a wagon and drag for under paying toll, argued the toss over the weight of the vehicle as it was per tonne for HGVs, I didnt want to give em another 20p lol.

Used to argue on the Dunham bridge if I had an axle lifted too

I am still barred from Morrisons at Burton Latimer. I was a wee bit ‘exasperated’ with the security guard there and threw the pen down onto the desk whereupon it bounced up and hit the guard in the stomach. He accused me of assaulting him so I gave him something to accuse me off LOLOL I picked up the big silver thing that the pen sat in and threw that at him and when he ran over to try and shut the window, I dragged him through the window PMSL. Believ it or not, I still got tipped and THEN they barred me. I must admit I was having a bad day as my crooked knees were playing me up badly.

I wonder what they think they would do if they ban ALL the wagon drivers. We should boycott a different RDC every week, should frighten them.

I can remember taking a 7.5tonner fully loaded with boxes of beach towels, up to Washington it was a handball job, anyway i get to the delivery address on some industrial estate , (can’t remember the name now) but i was too late to tip, i even did offer to tip it on my own,but was told to return the next morning @8:00am which i did, told them i was there,they just said they would get to me when had a free slot, after several hours of sitting there waiting plenty of other trucks coming in after me and being tipped, and numerous calls from my boss,who was saying that he had been told i would be getting tipped very soon, but when i asked the staff at the drop, i was told different,my patience was wareing thin too, so after i had some lunch from a nearby burger bar , was on the phone to our office again, with both windows open lay on the bunk calling them fit to burn as it was a hot day when i heard a voice ,he said oh so thats what you think of us is it? well in that case you better leave now before i get the police, and don’t bother coming here again, lol suites me fine i thought what a (zb) he was, 5 hours i waited for nothing,my boss wasn’t happy ,but arrangements where made with another company to tran-ship the load and they delivered it the next day (on pallets!!!) Hand ball was probably why they didn’t offer to tip me

tommy t:
I can remember taking a 7.5tonner fully loaded with boxes of beach towels, up to Washington it was a handball job, anyway i get to the delivery address on some industrial estate , (can’t remember the name now) but i was too late to tip, i even did offer to tip it on my own,but was told to return the next morning @8:00am which i did, told them i was there,they just said they would get to me when had a free slot, after several hours of sitting there waiting plenty of other trucks coming in after me and being tipped, and numerous calls from my boss,who was saying that he had been told i would be getting tipped very soon, but when i asked the staff at the drop, i was told different,my patience was wareing thin too, so after i had some lunch from a nearby burger bar , was on the phone to our office again, with both windows open lay on the bunk calling them fit to burn as it was a hot day when i heard a voice ,he said oh so thats what you think of us is it? well in that case you better leave now before i get the police, and don’t bother coming here again, lol suites me fine i thought what a (zb) he was, 5 hours i waited for nothing,my boss wasn’t happy ,but arrangements where made with another company to tran-ship the load and they delivered it the next day (on pallets!!!) Hand ball was probably why they didn’t offer to tip me

m

Makro?

Can’t remember the name of the company or it’s location ,i originally thought it was Washington, but i may be mistaken, as i also can remember going through the Tyne tunnel, so that would mean not washington,lol, things i do remember about the place is you drove in through the gate the loading bays where to your right, and you had to park facing the gate but to the side of them i think there was only 2-3 lanes to que in ,and the burger bar was just down the road, can’t remember much else,it was probably around 7 years ago now,

but there is another amusing one, we never got barred from the site 3663 banbury unfortunately, basically they refused to accept the load due to the poor condition of the pallets the load was on, unless we broke it down and re stacked & wrapped it onto their chep pallets, which i and another driver refused to do,as they had 2 loads that day (kfc drinking straws) as only a few pallets where a problem which we offered to sort out but the (zb) who was in charge was insistent both full loads had to be done, so he got told i is a driver not laborer, if you want it done we want some assistance from your staff, so end result was after occupying two bays for around 3hrs while the stand off continued,lol we had to leave and return first thing the next day, and only the pallets that where iffy got done,and we got some help too, as the (zb) wasn’t on site,

Never got banned from anywhere yet despite some blood pressure raising situations in different places…but I do remember an opposite reaction from from loading staff some years ago when I used to haul bulk bark from various sawmwills…there was a helpful guy driving the loader on the nightshift in one particular sawmill,and one night I arrived for my load 15 minutes after his finishing time to find the guy had naturally gone home and locked up his machine. A few minutes later he swings into the yard in his car,hops into his big Volvo loader and loads me in double quick time. As he finished I enquired as to where he had appeared from and he told me he was nearly home when he spotted me heading for the mills and partly guessed I wanted to be loaded so he swung around,came back and looked after me. Very decent of him I thought and I dropped him off a bottle of Irish whiskey the next time I was there…as the Americans say…You catch more flies with Honey than Molasses!

delivered 18 pallets of sugar to a Mars warehouse in Melbourne few years ago, forkie comes out and says, those pallets are all one row too high, cant take it, wont fit in the racks, granted it does specify that on the paperwork, so I says, right not a problem, grab me a pallet there and I’ll strip a layer off each one myself and make a new pallet, easily solved…

nah mate, cant do that you’ll have to take it back

why cant you do that?

nah mate, not taking it

look, ill do it, im not asking you to help

nah, rejected

well f–k you then you ■■■■■■

BANNED

:slight_smile:

Some years ago had a delivery for either ALDI or LIDL in Swindon .I had loaded in Holland and went straight there in the gate to goods in where my paperwork was taken off me and i was given a dock number opens back doors and parks on bay .Started to make a cup of coffee when a chap knocks on door are you ready says he for what says i, you have to unload youself here says he can you use a electric pallet truck no says i, ok we will give you a manual one.On going into the wharehouse i see drivers unloading themselves and lots of wharehouse staff standing chatting i say to this chap whatabout them he says they are waiting for you and the others to unload so they can run the goods away .I say to him they will have a long wait for me as i am not ,ask for my paperwork young lady says no its in the system and i cant have them but i can see them from here yes thats right but they are in the system no they are not they are there so i reach over and pick them up and walk out get to the gate where security gaurd tells me the police have been called as i am trying to steal a load i say to him the load still belongs to the supplier as it has not been signed for just then chap appears in security hut and tells me it is my job to unload the goods i say ok if thats the case you can drive the lorry back to London its not my job to drive you motor he says and i say its not mine to unload it as i had driven there from Holland that day gate opens out i go phoned the firm and got a right b…cking they sent another driver from our yard in Essex to tip it and when he arrived i told him what had happened he refused as well i parked in Swindon truckstop that night and they got a subby from Bristol to come and tip the load still got the letter here telling me i am barred from all there RDC in Europe and England which i thought was great but the firm did,nt but they kept me on and and it was used whenever i did something wrong.