Been chatting to a lot of drivers

dozy:
If these bosses told the truth at the interview stage instead of a load of made up garbage we’d have no room too moan , well too be honest we’d have not took the zb job in the first place :exclamation: I don’t know how they sleep at night

Dozy your Boss didnt tell you that you wouldnt have an early finish on a Friday and Forkies won`t rush around to help you :laughing: :wink:

andy_s:
Today and a couple of days last week the agency has had me working in a dispatch area of a local factory, mainly forklift work tipping and loading etc. all sorts of stuff for national and international delivery. Obviously I like to chat to the drivers and must have dealt with 30+ driving wagons from 7.5 to 44t. I’d say the majority are not happy with their lot. ‘How’s the job with this mob mate’ sort of question and the usual answer was not happy with tacky gear, lack of maintenance, lack of parking on estates due to yellow lines and camera’s, crap money, getting the run around when they’re already on their way to a collection etc.

Only really met one chap who was content with his lot (works for Lockwoods I believe).

Got me thinking, how many of you guys are content or hacked off and would you leave to do something else if the opportunity arose?

Me personally, working for agency I accept it’ll be a while before I get my foot in the door with a decent company/ wagon but par the course imo.

I met a Lockwards driver at Palletforce he loved his gig. 20 mins from depot to palletforce and goes there twice a night. Parked up asleep for most of it and stated he cleared 650 a week for the privilege so can see why he’s happy.

I’m happy in my job though now was not happy working for Crowfoots.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

As above no perfect job out there, there are so many different types of work…something to suit everyone, one man’s meat is another mans poison. Everyone is different with different circumstances and different opinions just about finding what suits you best!

I’m a lorry driver and audio driver so I’m your worst ■■■■■■ nightmare

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

What’s an audio driver? Never heard of that before (see what I did there?)

My job is (for the area) very good, thanks mainly to keeping the old Christian Salvesen T’s & C’s and helped by a strong union presence on site. I’ve proved that I’m a grown up so consequently am left alone, work comes through on a company I pad and off I go to do the job in whichever way is best.

If I had to have a whinge though it’d be that quite frankly I’m bored, bored rigid with driving for a living per se, bored with doing the same thing day in day out. However I think that I’d probably get bored in any sort of repetitive job regardless of what it was.

My best mate is very wealthy with homes dotted around the globe and all the toys that go with it. Fortunately for me he likes to drive very fast and so is constantly flirting with a driving ban. I keep praying for the day he gets banned so I can become his chauffeur and live his life through proxy. :smiley: :smiley:

i’m happy in my job…despite working for DHL :laughing: monday-friday,money not bad,trucks and trailers good,office staff (mainly) good :astonished: some of the runs aren’t so good,but just plod on and get it done.stood down tomorrow,with pay of course,as my hours are bit over the 48hr average :smiley:
the only thing that ■■■■■■ me off,is some of the bellyaching drivers,moan moan ■■■■■ moan :smiling_imp:
i try to avoid them if at all possible

I’m still in this place and one big thing I’ve noticed that I won’t miss when I’m finished is how touchy they all are on making sure you knock off for tea break/ lunch break and don’t lift a thing till it’s start work time on the dot. Clocks all over the place.

Doing my forklift checks this morning about 2 mins to 7.30 and the dispatch gaffer waltzed in and nearly had a fit lol.

I wouldn’t trust a lorry driver who doesn’t moan.
If you are the whole day on your own, there is much to much time to think about all the crab.
There is nobody to reflect on, so it builds up, and when somebody ask, the poor soul get flooded in how bad it is.
But many of us wouldn’t want it different, yes it is not what it use to be, but there are still tidy numbers about.
It’s what you make of it, it never got me down, but yes I have been unreasonable in moaning over little irritations that grow by every hour that you where on your own.

Speak to anybody who works on their own, crane driver are cheery buggers, or farmers are great company…not!

Heho that’s live.

Conor:
The ones most happy in their job are ones driving for companies where haulage isn’t how they make their money so for example manufacturers who run their own lorries.

For the first time in 21 years of driving I’ve secured one of these gigs and yes, you’re right. [emoji6]

caledoniandream:
I wouldn’t trust a lorry driver who doesn’t moan.
If you are the whole day on your own, there is much to much time to think about all the crab.

Heho that’s live.

i never think about all the crabs :laughing:

Top moaning driver it is who do trunking job,fridges job.They moan about everything.And opposite drivrers who do realy hard job-delivery to construction site,farm,store delivery that they not moaning at all or not so much.

I’m more than happy with my job. OK it’s agency work but to be fair I’ve been with the same company since September. Got a nice new MAN unit to call my own and decorate the way us drivers do. Work is easy and steady. 2 collections in south Wales 4 days a week then a nice short Scunthorpe and back on a Wednesday to keep my hours down. I know that there’s a lot of ropey firms out there but just don’t let them treat you like a C U Next Tues.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

words from one of my old bosses and freind

id drivers arent moaning then there knicking diesel :laughing: :laughing: