Back again! With good and badish news :)

Oh no he’s back again :laughing: :laughing:

I’ve been off here a couple days (Peace and quiet I’m sure you’ll of been glad of :laughing: :grimacing: ) I have been hard at work at college and I was preparing for my assessment for my apprenticeship with the council which I will explain more on through this post.

Talking through my college work, I have my photography exam this week a full 2 days of solid photography and what annoys me most about that I can’t listen to music or nothing :imp: :imp: So :laughing: :laughing: I’ll be driven insane with that no doubt. I have a couple more photoshoots to do that I am hoping to get completed monday afternoon!!! As I finish college at 11 now on mondays due to me completing my ICT course (THANK ■■■■! :grimacing: :grimacing: ) so I will have ample amount of time to get some decent photos of some trucks and all that nonsense. I got some decent photos at a fair that was in pontefract park, :unamused: A bloke got mad with me because I was taking pictures of the trucks and I wasn’t paying attention to his car. I’m not a fan of BMW’s so I kindly told him I wasn’t interested in taking pictures of his bald man’s wienie, He soon got the message and ■■■■■■ off on his way :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: So I will be posting them pictures up soon enough.

Now I am all sure you lot are wondering how the assessment went, well I was up late 7:30 and I had to be out the door in 25 minutes to catch the bus :open_mouth: so quickest 20 minutes I’ve had to get showered, dressed and breakfast but thankfully I made it for the bus by the skin of my teeth :laughing: :laughing:

Got into wakefield for bang on 9:05 and on the way I’m sure I saw one of the members on this forum as posted in a different thread!!

I took a slow walk up to the town hall for where the assessment tests were taking place, called off at the bank on the way to get some spends as I wanted to get some lunch later on and muppet here forgot to make his lunch :unamused: oops! :blush: :blush:

Got in to the town hall for 9:15 so not bad timing, walked into the town hall to find a very nice looking blonde asking what I was looking for, I was going to ask if that was an offer :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :grimacing: but I decided to be decent and ask for where to go for the apprenticeship testing bit and she said for the old resteraunt top floor so I decided to be lazy and get the lift, (Couldn’t find the stairs and didn’t like asking for directions after I just walked off to find the stairs :laughing: :laughing: :blush: :blush: )

Got into the room, and there was a bunch of people waiting and I saw the list of people in for the mechanics, not a lot but quite a few. The tests went as follows:
Numerical Reasoning
Perception (Not sure on this one i think thats what this test was :smiley: )
Mechanical Reasoning
and Space relations

During the first test the numerical the test I thought would be the easiest, :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: I’ve never been so relieved to finish a maths test in all my bloody life :open_mouth: :open_mouth: The other tests I think I did fine on but the last one well, that was a bit difficult. I didn’t finish the first test and only could do 29 out of the 40 questions which for me is really bad considering I finished my actual gcse maths exam in 20 minutes and still passed with a high C :open_mouth: :open_mouth: We couldn’t go back either if we completed the other tests or we would be disqualified, needless to say the ■■■■■■ opposite me didn’t pay attention to the rules and filled in the answers by rough guess as the tests were all multiple choice.

I think it all went pair shaped to be honest, and I don’t think I’ll have an interview at the end of it but who knows maybe my luck will turn. But if I find that ■■■■■■ across from me has an interview if I get an interview, I will NOT be keeping my mouth shut and I will be letting them know of his little ‘secret’ sorry but I am an upfront honest person and when everyone else is trying to be honest about getting an apprenticeship, being a sneaky little ■■■■ doesn’t go a long way in my eyes. Especially when I catch you with your tail between your legs :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

And not all is bad news!! I recieved a letter from a college about my engineering apprenticeship that I applied for months ago about another assessment for wednesday but I will be re-arranging that for another day as my exam clashes with that!!! So hopefully they won’t mind too much :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Have the doctors on Tuesday so hopefully I won’t be found to have dodgy knees before I even start work :laughing: that would be typical :laughing: :laughing:

So not all is bad but not all is sunshine and roses, Hope you all liked my little write up and I will keep posted on future events if folk want to know :smiley: :smiley:

Cheers

Jonny :sunglasses:

Well, good luck with taking things forward :smiley:

Have you tried gentle HDRs with your truck pictures? Do you shoot in raw or just straight jpg? Have you done much in the way of night L/E or are you limited by your camera type :wink:

As for having a few days without music, having driven buses for 2.5 years I found these days I can cope with driving long distances without noises in the cab :wink: But I suppose you’re young and hyperactive :unamused: :unamused: :laughing:

Saratoga:
Well, good luck with taking things forward :smiley:
Thank you, best ways is forward bored of going backwards although as a youngun I preffered going backwards :laughing: :laughing:

Have you tried gentle HDRs with your truck pictures? Do you shoot in raw or just straight jpg? Have you done much in the way of night L/E or are you limited by your camera type :wink:
Nope, I’ve just used photoshop as we don’t have anything of that sort in this college so a bit limited to what we can do to the pictures. I did send some of my pictures to Truck and Driver by email to see if they would be any good but they weren’t big enough in size for them or something silly like that. I would do night time images but limited due to my camera and the lack of ‘facilities’ to get pictures of trucks at night.

As for having a few days without music, having driven buses for 2.5 years I found these days I can cope with driving long distances without noises in the cab :wink: But I suppose you’re young and hyperactive :unamused: :unamused: :laughing:
I can stand being in a truck without music because I have the tune of the engine playing along, but when I’m in pure silence in a room it’s not a good thing!! But I’m looking to having my final pieces on the wall :sunglasses: :sunglasses: It’s going to be something of a different feel at this college. Can’t wait to just have my work put up on a wall, a bit big headed but my final project is going to be the best in the whole gcse photography group. :wink: :wink: We’ll soon see.

Cheers

Jonny :sunglasses: