Assessment at RM went well today

I got a call the other day from Manpower who have to be fair been absolutely useless at getting me any work at all let alone class 1 work as i only passed 3 months ago and have not had any luck getting work, only some class 2 work and asked me to go to Royal Mail today for an assessment on class 1 and double decker training as RM remember me and are happy to have me back.
Well i am glad to say that despite not driving an artic since my test that i had no problems even with putting it on a bay, had to take a shunt but no real problems. I have now got a duty tomorrow and all week next week to get me started. Going to be driving a Double Deck trailer tomorrow as most sat duties are DD so had some training on the basics so that i can pull one as they told me i will not be loading and unloading it at the moment. So i am a happy trucker today and am hoping that i am going to get plenty more duties. I was pretty busy with them from Sept - Jan on rigids but then nothing at all as they want class 1 drivers only now.

Jamie

you actually did driving on the RM assesment?

i never, mines consisted of me sitting in a class room with them talking to us, no driving of the lorry, didnt even get in it. closest we got was to the controls of the double deckers.

manpower are pretty useless for class 1 work, though now that you can go to RM you will probably do nothing but that for them, ive only done class 1 for one other firm with manpower in 2 years.

The funny thing is that while i was on the driver today they called me up and asked me to go to another company to drive class 1 for the day but i was already doing assessment, just goes to show that they do not communicate to each other in the office as it was one of the other girls.
I quite like doing the Rm stuff as there is not too much pressure whilst you get used to everything when you are new, that bit i like but they told me that i would probably be pretty busy as i am happy to work any shifts.

Forgot to add, i was out on my assessment drive for about 2 hours, then got back and had a practice at putting on the bays and then the guy doing the assessment gave me a few pointers and said for a new driver my reversing was pretty good considering i have not done any apart from on my test 3 months ago.

yea manpower are useless with communication,

the amount of times they have phoned me at 9am when ive just finished a nightshift at 7am is unreal, they havnt done it for a while though since the last time they did it i lost the plot with them

and my phone was off when they phoned…but they ended up phoning my house phone so make sure you didnt give them it or they will phone you.
i have told them countless times to phone y mobile and if you cant get me on that then you cant get me.