There's hope for young drivers!

Just passed my CE about 3 weeks and I have my assessment drive tomorrow morning for Royal Mail! It’s at the Scottish Distribution Centre in Wishaw, have to be there for 7.30 and it finishes at 1.30! :open_mouth:
Even though I already work for Royal Mail, it just goes to show that some companies will let newbies in! :wink:

Anyone had an assessment drive for Royal Mail? What’s it like?! :question:

Pleased to hear you’ve got an assessment. Don’t know about RM’s, but the assessment is normally reversing, coupling/uncoupling and a drive. Sometimes a tacho test.

My advice is to not blag it. Make it clear to the assessor if there’s something (eg gearbox) you don’t understand. Generally you will get more respect than trying to blag.

All the best, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Shows that the driver shortage is beginning to bite. :smiley:

I loved it, at 23 I was driving this for Keedwell, youngest driver on the fleet, got a few 2nd looks from others!

The industry needs some younger drivers.

i passed my class 1 earlier this month and a small local company is giving me a chance and experience, 21 in the new year and will be the youngest.

zacn94:
i passed my class 1 earlier this month and a small local company is giving me a chance and experience, 21 in the new year and will be the youngest.

wow i thought i was young starting at 25 !

well done mate and good luck to you

Tockwith Training:
I loved it, at 23 I was driving this for Keedwell, youngest driver on the fleet, got a few 2nd looks from others!

The industry needs some younger drivers.

good on you looks like your doing well for yourself

In Aberdeen RM drivers are assessed by AA (independent assessors) who will look at your driving just like an examiner on your driving test and as a result you will get Low risk, Medium (think) or High risk wich means you’ll have to wait for another assessment.
Good luck!

Just noticed that question isn’t actual anymore :blush:

I have just finished University this year (though I will be 24 in Dec), been looking for jobs everywhere…nothing. So now applying for my Cat C :slight_smile: as most job websites need drivers! So hopefully this will be a good career path for me! (also I love driving!)