asda normanton

at the moment im on for asda it is a great job apart from the packers in the warehouse …

have a look at some of these pic’s take note of pallets of beer and wine on top of boxes of crisps and bits missing at the bottom the pickle pallet great idea to put a pallet to stop it falling one side but what about the other and also the pallet that fell over i told them at the halifax store to come and give a hand but they wouldnt so when it went over ( im surprised more didnt out of that load) i told them to get cages to put the stuff in they didnt want to know till i started to chuck the goods onto the floor from off the trailer they soon got cages then :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp:

all the trailers are sealed and asda seem to take great amusement in loading the weak stuff at the bottom and heavy on the top :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: i did complain to the traffic desk and the reply was
" well im a driver as well and i suffer the same problems the warehouse staff are tossers next time just bring it back " :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation:

you just cant keep bringing trailers back when you are on the agency.

Glad to see that not a lot has changed since i started my career break with ASDA, i was based at Normanton and it is one of the easiest jobs you can get. The trouble at this time of year is the amount of agency wharehouse staff who do not give a … about the way they stack the pallets and the line managers just want to get trailers loaded and away once thats done its not their problem anymore. You say the trailers are sealed, as a driver you are intitled to break that seal to check the security of the load before you take it out on the public road.

I have done agency for Adsa at Grangemouth & Falkirk.
Quite a few times there was a pallet on its side when I got to the store, same problems as the photographs.

The other problem was the amount of stuff they stacked on the pallet. I’m not small but I struggled to get some of those pallets rolling with the pallet truck.

But as said the rest of the job was really easy with no hassle from traffic office.
If I was looking for a full time job thats the first place I would try.

it’s not just asda i have covered a lot of the major supermarkets over the years, they are all the same currently with co-op delivering caged goods. warehouse staff think one strap and one bar is enough to hold a full load, management not bothered wonder what will happen when driver is injured? probably get a discipline for not checking the load

I will never ever ever, never will I complain about our loaders again :laughing:

welcome to hell jd :laughing:

i spent 7hrs 5 mins tiping at morley yesterday,total milage for the day 38 k`s

some of the lads behind the desk are good lads (mark & terry) others are muppets(hello steve and curtains).

i am in at 8 for the next 3 days if your in

jon

total milage for the day 38 k`s

Ah i have a challenger. :laughing: Welcome to the low mileage club jb :laughing:

I reckon I’d win a low milage contest…I average 80-90km a day.

I think my current record is 29km. I said to our other driver at the end of the day that I ought to get a milk round.

Alex.

The pictures above,are just like the average day at Poundstretcher,sorry,Instore,at Huddersfield,that’s why I now no longer work there after 2 1/2 years. :smiley:

You’ll remember the double deck trailers at Poundies? Well,I’ve opened the back door on more than one occasion,only to find a pallet hanging over the top deck,and nearly being on top of a pallet on the botton deck,and the load then swiftly went back.

I don’t think this problem is just unique to Asda,but what I would be tempted to do,is mention it to your agency,and tell them it’s a major H&S issue,and let them inform Asda.

Ken.

Andyroo:
I reckon I’d win a low milage contest…I average 80-90km a day.

I think my current record is 29km. I said to our other driver at the end of the day that I ought to get a milk round.

I spent 7 1/2hrs the other day and covered the first 3km
but that was coming out of wilkos at worksop and running into the chaos on the A1 on the day both the A1 and the M1 where closed

It would have gone straight back :angry:

jon boy 100:
welcome to hell jd :laughing:

i spent 7hrs 5 mins tiping at morley yesterday,total milage for the day 38 k`s

some of the lads behind the desk are good lads (mark & terry) others are muppets(hello steve and curtains).

i am in at 8 for the next 3 days if your in

jon

im in there now until christmas starting at 3am every day. i like it there a good steady away.

its your bad driving jd :wink: , not the pickers lol

globby 480:
its your bad driving jd :wink: , not the pickers lol

cheers daz i thought someone would say that but you always blame someone else dont you. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: