Article on Radio 4 this week

My wife was telling me about an article this week about lorry driving. I think that it was on the Wednesday edition of You and Yours or Woman’s Hour. Was this the interview with Lucy?

I have checked on the relevant BBC websites, but I can’t find anything about it. Does anyone know which programme it was on, and was it actually on Wednesday?

Thanks

Sorry mate can’t help. Nobody but nobody (except your mrs) listens to radio 4 :wink: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

I disagree…I’ve got this sudden addiction of late to Radio 4…everytime i get in a truck now…ping…Radio 4…the following driver must think i’m a right boring ■■■■■■■■■■■■■ something about…learning about what’s happening…and things…although most of it must go in my subconcious…cos ask me ten minutes later…i can’t remember a thing…just like this show…I can’t remember it…

SuperSmiley:
I disagree…I’ve got this sudden addiction of late to Radio 4…everytime i get in a truck now…ping…Radio 4…the following driver must think i’m a right boring [zb]…there something about…learning about what’s happening…and things…although most of it must go in my subconcious…cos ask me ten minutes later…i can’t remember a thing…just like this show…I can’t remember it…

Ok Ok I correct my statement. Nobody but nobody ( except yuour mrs) and supersmily watches radio 4. Smilley has an excuse though as he is known to be a bit dotty :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

got also said that week.don’t remember if it was wednesday
were also some overturned lorries that week in trafficnews,i got said

if it was this week …go to www.bbc.co .uk/r4 and you can listen again…by the way …i sometimes listen to R4 when i`ve had enough of the crap music blasting down the airwaves…and always listen to LBC when in london…so there …na,na , na ,na , na.

HA!HA!.. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

:blush: err I listen to radio 4 aswell :blush:

Froggy do not be embrassed…think about it…commercial radio…or the other BBC radio…only play the same music over and over again…and the DJ’s just talk rubbish all over the records…especially R1…

At the end of the day…it’s brain numbing stuff…and then when your just trucking around all day…particularly on Mways…your brain is just not being active…it’s not good!!!..
It’s just like watching Junk TV!!!

R4 and debate shows from other stations…help to get your brain ticking…and at least in a day you learn something
As i said in my case…it tends to go into my sub-consious…but that usually cos my brain is ticking on something else…sometimes i just turn the radio off altogether.

This listening to music radio and watching Junk TV…may explain some of the dumb posts on this forum…

The only time i make a point of listening to music radio…is when i’m in an area…like london…where i know there is some pirate radio going on…or up north west…Manchester way…Smooth FM…where i know its going to be quailty tunes

HUGE Radio 4 fan here, so we do have something in common after all Supersmiley. :wink:

I heard the interview, if you mean the one on Midweek. Wasn’t me though. :grimacing:

I also listen to Radio 4. Especially between 1500 - 1530, and then from 1700 - 1900. It then gets a bit boring until 2000.

And if you want to download some topical comedy, then The Now Show is available as a Podcast. Although perhaps the BEST comedy is Gardener’s Question Time. :smiley:

NEVER no way radio 4 thats for old fogeys and the like!!!.

Apart from the current affairs programme on Friday night and of course the Friday play… :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush:

jammymutt:
NEVER no way radio 4 thats for old fogeys and the like!!!.

Apart from the current affairs programme on Friday night and of course the Friday play… :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush:

sounds about right for you then Alex :wink: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

and don’t you start using the …

And it wasn’t a Lucy. It was a Lisa.

On Midweek this week:-

LISA MARIE MELBOURNE
Lisa Marie Melbourne is a former kennel maid and a classically trained singer. However, she now works as a trucker - only approx. 1% of truckers are women. She has written The Truckers’ Handbook - published by Haynes manuals, at £14.99.

froggy:
:oops: err I listen to radio 4 aswell :blush:

Me too!

cant beat a bit of JAMES NAUGHTY :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Radio 4 is ace but …Womans hour … !!! NEVER

Me and u lucy got something in common…ABSOLUTELY NOT!!!

I like listen to woman hr though…

Apart from being the envy of many other English speaking countries Radio 4 also has some of the best new comedy

Lisa’s ‘Truckers Handbook’ (Haynes Publishing www.haynes.co.uk) isn’t bad and the firm also do some good driver’s health stuff

Lucy:
HUGE Radio 4 fan here,

And me :laughing:

So that makes at least a dozen of us so far :wink: :unamused:

Can’t be beaten at certain times of the day and evening. I’ll agree that some might be a captive audience, often abroad if you want spoken English it’s a toss up up between that and World Service.