Anyone want a job ??

Having recently joined on here and passed my class C i see alot of threads on how people are finding it hard to get into their first hgv job, well i come from a farming background and there are alot of farmers out there that run there own truck or two, has anyone approached any farmers as i no that sometimes they look for drivers even if its only a fill in, we used to have a retired bloke come in and drive ours on odd days to move cattle around, also in the sugar beet season october to march some farmers still run a truck to the local factory.I am out of farming now i have my class C but thought the information may be of some help to someone on here ?

Nice thought but form what I understand not that easy as you have to know to handle cattle but no doubt Denis F will be along to say what is needed

i think dennis is having a nap :laughing: you do need load of stuff to transport animals (i looked into it) as got a livestock haulier up the road

All sorts of rules & regs are needed to move livestock :wink: & corn & beet seasonal & a lot of farmers use the same ‘regulars’ to get the job done :smiley:

The beet season is about 5 months but grain is year round, moving last yrs harvest now in time for this yrs to start in july, not sure what paper work the old boy had to move cattle but when we went over to moving them by tractor and trailer we didnt have any extra training so not sure on that one ?

As I understand you have to have a cert to handle the livestock & there are other regulation that you have to adhere to when moving them ( there was somethng on here a while back but cant remember where :blush: :blush: ) with all the info on

Not sure about the sugar & beet but would have thought they would want O/D as then the farmer dosent have to have the vehicle “O” licence etc