Anyone know any artic jobs in bedfordshire?

since going bust over summer as owner driver, i am now back looking for a job :cry:

maggieT:
since going bust over summer as owner driver, i am now back looking for a job :cry:

Sorry to hear about that,mate.Where are you located,and what sort of job you looking for?.I’m in North Bedfordshire,I can ask around in our yard if you’re local

dieseldan340:

maggieT:

Sorry to hear about that,mate.Where are you located,and what sort of job you looking for?.I’m in North Bedfordshire,I can ask around in our yard if you’re local

im in bedford town, would like to be out all week, who you with :grimacing:

Dunno if its any help mate but Emr bedford want a driver

the big un:

yeah seen that, 8 quid an hour 6 till 4

maggieT:

the big un:

Not that good i no in fact just done my maths its crap soz :blush:

the big un:

maggieT:

the big un:

Not that good i no in fact just done my maths its crap soz :blush:

no problem mate, thanks for the info, i would love those hours but not that money, they also advertised the job 3 weeks ago, they employed an ex driver of mine, guess hes jacked in :laughing:

i have had the job centre on for 2 weeks putting 30 mile search of my house, approx 12 jobs a day come in for that area for hgv 1 and 2 ive contacted every one of them, all agencys wont ring back, ive had 1 app form from dhl, and ive phoned that emr and he said he would ring back :unamused:

It could be worse you could go to 3663 1am starts handballing (no thanks)
I know what your going through i was the same find a job apply get ignored get p**ssed off start all over again next day

the big un:
I know what your going through i was the same find a job apply get ignored get p**ssed off start all over again next day

what does 3663 mean? weird name for a company

maggieT:

the big un:

It means FOOD when typed into a phone keypad. At least that’s what I heard.

the maoster:

maggieT:

the big un:

well ive got a blackberry and that would say “rffr”

new job just in the job centre, i tick the boxes, phone up the agency “yes mate excellent, were just taking contact details at the moment” time waster

3663 in a way does mean food but if you were being picky it would actually mean DMMD, as to get food youd need to press #3 x 3, #6 x 3, 6 x 3 and then #3 x 3.

Sorry but bored.

scottishcruiser:
3663 in a way does mean food but if you were being picky it would actually mean DMMD, as to get food youd need to press #3 x 3, #6 x 3, 6 x 3 and then #3 x 3.

Sorry but bored.

it should be 7448 or #7x4 #4x2 #4x3 #8x1 im very bored :grimacing:

just had an email from emr, they sent this cut and pasted:

"I have spoken with our Southern Transport Manager and it seems Rob and his Manager rejected your application and considered your experience in running your own business would make it unlikely that you would wish to drive an HGV for us for very long, making you short term potential. We have had a big turnover of staff at Bedford and we now wish to ensure some long term stability. "

Under these circumstances, we regret we cannot take your application further, but wish you success in finding the employment you seek."

“i emailed back to say that instead of presuming i would leave why not look into why everyone else leaves,”
i wont tell anyone else i am an ex owner driver, :wink: :grimacing: :grimacing:

how long you been driving maggieT ? / how old are you ?

most agencies don’t take anyone under 25 and some like you to have 2 years driving under your belt first

Gates:
how long you been driving maggieT ? / how old are you ?

most agencies don’t take anyone under 25 and some like you to have 2 years driving under your belt first

10yrs unblemished accident point free licence 33 yrs old my name is tony magner im not a bird :laughing:

the maoster:

maggieT:

the big un:

Well I never, you learn something new everyday!

Good luck in the hunt.

Silver_Surfer:

the maoster:

maggieT:

the big un:

Well I never, you learn something new everyday!

Good luck in the hunt.

i know, ive wondered about that 3663 stuff everyday, i thought: what a rubbish company, still think that :grimacing: