Anyone got merc powershift yet?

just wonder what you though .ta!

No, but I’ve seen the video, the commentry is a bit :laughing: but the features look interesting. The manouvering mode and direct 1st to reverse look useful.

MercedesPowershift

link shortened…Denis F

Big Joe:
No, but I’ve seen the video, the commentry is a bit :laughing: but the features look interesting. The manouvering mode and direct 1st to reverse look useful.

MercedesPowershift

yeeah they look good on that.drove a powershift 16 demo a few days after an i-shift .both fast at changing up and equally fast coming back down. :smiley: ]

got 3 new actros megaspace executive cabs with poweshift coming later this week and next. I’ve been on the Mercedes powershift training course. Going form Volvo I shift to the Merc system is like night and day. Bit strange having no markings on the gear knob but once you get the hang of it and all the functions (especially manouvre mode) its like night and day

just update this

I thought someone would,ve had 1 by now

wots the differnce from the telligent gear system?

Is it anything like EPS?

Click click *** Neutral Click

its auto.no clutch.same as i-shift etc. mercs first 12 speed g.box

had a 03 actross the other day with a t- piece gear lever on the arm rest, button on driver side and same on passenger side, you had to push in clutch, push in button on your side then push lever forward to select a gear, button on passenger side when pushed in selected neutral, if you hit a false neutral when changing gear it sounded like a machine gun going off :blush: :blush: :unamused: , whats the name off this box if there is one other than pain in the arse :question:

ellies dad:
its auto.no clutch.same as i-shift etc. mercs first 12 speed g.box

Its Mercs brand new singing and dancing 12 or 16 speed auto box, it replaces the Auto-Trans fully auto which is a bit slooooooooow at changing gears :unamused: unless you know the mod to speed it up a bit :smiling_imp: .

Hows it going E.D. :question:

ady1:
whats the name off this box if there is one other than pain in the arse :question:

I’m not sure what is called but the principle is years old and used to be referred to as EPS.

Once you get used to it then, approaching a junction or a roundabout, push in the left button and let it select neutral, then if a gap materialises, push the knob forward and it will select the gear appropriate to your speed.
:wink:

Krankee:

ady1:
whats the name off this box if there is one other than pain in the arse :question:

I’m not sure what is called but the principle is years old and used to be referred to as EPS.

Once you get used to it then, approaching a junction or a roundabout, push in the left button and let it select neutral, then if a gap materialises, push the knob forward and it will select the gear appropriate to your speed.

that sounds much better than my attempts with it at junctions

Krankee:

No no :exclamation: :exclamation: Don’t let it make a decision - it’s only intelligent in the same way that a goldfish is. You can over-ride the system by choosing the using the right hand button for whole gears and pushing the lever forward or backward or the paddle for half gears. It will only allow 2 whole gears in one change and will machine gun you to death or beep at you if the gear you choose is out of range for the speed. If you let it choose the gear it will lull you into a false sense of security by doing everything right until that moment when you really need the right gear and then BINGO :imp: 44 tonnes into a roundabout at 10mph with a slight uphill and it’ll give you low 8th :laughing:

That said, when you get used to its little foibles it can work quite well although it gets a bit sluggish in this cold weather (or is it me getting sluggish :laughing: )

ady1:
had a 03 actross the other day with a t- piece gear lever on the arm rest, button on driver side and same on passenger side, you had to push in clutch, push in button on your side then push lever forward to select a gear, button on passenger side when pushed in selected neutral, if you hit a false neutral when changing gear it sounded like a machine gun going off :blush: :blush: :unamused: , whats the name off this box if there is one other than pain in the arse :question:

No No NO,
you’re doing it all wrong. :open_mouth:

From a standing start, in neutral.
Clutch pedal down, press drivers side (protruding button) in, push lever forwards.
Release the lever
You will have selected 2nd Gear.
If you’re light and want 3rd, push the lever forward again.
(Keeping the button pressed in)
When you’re ready to go, release your clutch pedal as normal.

From here on preselect your gears, until you come to a halt again.
To preselect the next gear,
simply push the lever forwards to go up or back to go down. (No need to press any buttons).
Check which gear the box wants to change to, by glancing at the gear display on your dash board.
If you think that’s the gear you want, dip the clutch, wait for the electronic ‘clunk’, then release the clutch.
If you want a different gear, change it with the “splitter switch” on the front of the lever, then clutch the change.

It’s called “Telligent”. That bit refers to the fact that you can train this box to change the way you want it to.
For example, if you’re empty say, you probably wouldn’t want to change up single gears.
If you make it change in this sequence. 3h, 5h, 7h, 8h.
Next time you start in 3, it’ll automatically change up in the same sequence, every time, unless you’re climbing a steep hill when it’ll revert to it’s own default sequence.
If you prefer a 3l, 4h, 6l, 7h, 8h sequence, make it change in that sequence and the box will learn to do that instead.
You ‘make’ it change in your preferred sequence by, preselecting the gear you want, making sure the right gear is the one selected.
Clutch the change.

this seems to have gone from ANY ONE GOT MERC POWERSHIFT YET to HOW DOU YOU CHANGE GEAR ON EPS. powershift is new.fully auto and it seems unknown of

I had the (dis)pleasure of driving a merc with the armrest T-bar thingy with nobody to give a brief overview, and a load to take so had to figure it out (not tricky) and get on with it.

Dangerous game this looking at the dash to see what gear it’s giving you and fiddle til it’s right, since I’d rather be looking where I’m going and what’s coming through the rundabout under the bridge to my right, than focusing on a dashboard.

If you’re going to have such a system at least put the gear indicator in a HUD somewhere useful.

Still, not nearly so bad as the huge window pillar and mirrors taking up enough view to the forward-right to lose a mercedes sprinter van on a roundabout behind it…

How fast does that thing go in reverse on the video :open_mouth:

I wouldn’t even have time to mess myself :slight_smile:

Really disappointed with the response to this.Somebody must have it.If its you you’ll know cos you’ll really like it,i hope.

currently awaiting delivery of a new automatic axor, its sat at the dealers getting prep,ed. i dont know if its the old auto gearbox or the new one. the old auto that was in the actros was to hesitant. so fingers crossed.
funny, just looked on mercedes website and the only gearbox showing for the axor is the nine speed slapover. when my firm got the first 02 plate axors they were manual eps boxes but everyone said they could only be got with the 9 speed. :question: