Anyone got any work?

Recently stood down subbie. 44 ton unit, 26 pallet 4.2 metre tautliner trailer, looking for the holy grail!

If anyone can help ring Ian on 07779 111666.

It might not be a bad idea to say where in the country you are then people might have a better idea as to who you could try.

Paul

Fair shout Paul, thank you for pointing out the obvious. I am based in Lincolnshire, Sleaford area, but will travel and work anywhere in the UK. I’m also prepared to weekend away if required, home is where you park it as they say! !

Not much help but if all else fails it’s in to the back pages of trucking magazine for work. Saw a smart FH pulling a sealane trailer the other day. Will be international work but at least even if the rates aren’t brilliant you should have a weeks worth of work at a time. MEC and Bradclyde are advertising as well for international, I haven’t heard bad things about the company’s mentioned although you ain’t gonna get rich. You could try Monarch, Border Traffic services or UKI Express for UK work. Best keep all these for last resort if you don’t find anyhting else though as I don’t know what any of them are like to work for. Chin up and keep trying! (although it’s good to know when you are defeated as well!)

I would send Neville a PM

Your last sentance is very wise silver surfer. I’m fortunate because I dont have a massive amount on chucky with my truck, and I will know on wednesday if it is sold or not! If it is then thats one less o/d out there looking for work, i should also know if my trailers going in the morning, one of the local farmers is interested in it! Tried all the usual suspects, and drew a blank work wise, there is no point being a busy fool out there, theres enough of those on the countries roads already.

Seems the easiest option is to sell up and quit while i’m ahead. Will obviously post my o/d obiutuary if the sales go through!!!

Silver_Surfer:
Not much help but if all else fails it’s in to the back pages of trucking magazine for work. Saw a smart FH pulling a sealane trailer the other day. Will be international work but at least even if the rates aren’t brilliant you should have a weeks worth of work at a time. MEC and Bradclyde are advertising as well for international, I haven’t heard bad things about the company’s mentioned although you ain’t gonna get rich. You could try Monarch, Border Traffic services or UKI Express for UK work. Best keep all these for last resort if you don’t find anyhting else though as I don’t know what any of them are like to work for. Chin up and keep trying! (although it’s good to know when you are defeated as well!)

Always a downer when you have to chuck the towel in but at least by the sound of it you will be coming out ahead. There’s also nothing to stop you starting up again when things pick up.