sealane

my gaffer has started on for sealane doing germany and france. does anybody know what they are like :question:

The owner driver i spoke to in Lokkeren truckstop a while ago didnt have a good word to say about them dad. Rates are abismal, and he had to argue the getting paid empty part of their advertisment, he was earning around £1500 a week, when i met him it was his last job for them, he’d given them a mont/month and a half, and it hadnt gotten any better. They may be different now but i doubt it, they are allways advertising and ive seen quite a few Eastern Euro motors pulling their trailers, prob cos the Brits wont!! Im sure someone will come on here and tell you different thou.

cheers carl… i didnt think the rates would too good and as we are paid on bonus i think i would do better in freightliner on a busy week ( whats one of them :imp: ).

im in a bit of a mood though cos im finishing with him in 2 weeks to go back on the cards for freightliner but i wouldn have minded doing the euro for him.

Sat in dunkirk last friday waiting for the boat ,and of it came 2xs&j pearse from leighton buzzard pulling sealane trailers not seen this before .does this mean tnt are quite too ?

scania doctor:
Sat in dunkirk last friday waiting for the boat ,and of it came 2xs&j pearse from leighton buzzard pulling sealane trailers not seen this before .does this mean tnt are quite too ?

well i was going north on tues on the M25 and M11 and there was rakes of sealane trailers going south. :question:

RPL have 2 on Sealane at the moment…

Have a good friend who used to work for a subbie of theirs, and reckoned from a drivers view, the work was a doddle.

I have just taken a subbie back who went to work for them for the SECOND times and after being sat in their yard for three days phoned me and asked to come back… Now in and working full time. Happy… He is for the moment but I will never send anyone home with no work! … Look after the subbie… and he looks after you. ?

Neville:
I have just taken a subbie back who went to work for them for the SECOND times and after being sat in their yard for three days phoned me and asked to come back… Now in and working full time. Happy… He is for the moment but I will never send anyone home with no work! … Look after the subbie… and he looks after you. ?

are you still setting on subbies nev. my boss is in leeds and is putting a vehicle on sealane but it would be better for someone like yourself.

It’s the usual story with Sealane who are based in my corner of Kent, a good firm to work for as an employee, not so good to sub to as an OD or small haulier. We never work for them and we have to scrape the barrel sometimes- sometimes we even load in Taff’s Well or Ammanford!

jessicas dad:
my gaffer has started on for sealane doing germany and france. does anybody know what they are like :question:

I worked in their traffic office some years ago, rates crap. Are you dealing with Richard Carter by any chance? Decent fellas there, dont get me wrong but not good rates.

But been goin some years, part of the StarCargo group which once owned Amoric.

Neville:

The Lord has spoken :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Now listen up, Neville has the work, just get in there, ignore the crapsters :wink:

I pulled for sealane for 8 years and made good money with them
like any company people will have good and bad tales about them.
i was known as golden balls by the other subbies(but not to my face)
this must have been because i just got on with the work.
as for office staff
alistair caldwell top bloke
richard carter laid back top bloke
john evans top bloke

( post edited no stars allowed ) jd

Lord Loopy:
I pulled for sealane for 8 years and made good money with them
like any company people will have good and bad tales about them.
i was known as golden balls by the other subbies(but not to my face)
this must have been because i just got on with the work.
as for office staff
alistair caldwell top bloke
richard carter laid back top bloke
john evans top bloke

( post edited no stars allowed ) jd

the thing with your post is … if your prepared to stick it out in the end you will climb the tree for better work.

Its like any company… We all have peaks and troughs on the work front.
At this time of the year it is harder to get trailers out of the hire companies as the supermarkets have snaffled most of them.
Our own trialers are all placed at the moment but if you can get a trailer you can go to work straight away.