Any North Wales tipper drivers on?

Hi…Not a driver but in the passenger seat…throwing the anchor out down the hill from Coedpoeth …! Spent some time in the cab of a Seddon and a Dodge 500 six wheeler (G.L WILLIAMS, Esless Farm, Rhostyllen) pulling out of Minera…Remember the cafe on the level crossing too!..

Hi Boys
Brad I remember that Dodge didn’t Williams sell part of the farm to Mytons for building on? Do you remember the open cast at the bottom of Coedpoeth bank behind where the pikes are now? If you do you might remember the Doe tractor working there.
The cafe by the rail track did a good sausage butty :smiley: :smiley:

Regards Keith

Hi Desert Driver…
Your right about a good percentage of the land at Esless farm being sold to Gordon Mitton for building…Esless farm is still standing…just!.
Remember that Dodge not having much go in it after a spot of jizering and pressure washing…eventually retrieved the rag that was stuck down the air intake to stop the water going down it!.. :blush: .
Ye good sausage butty’s!..

Regards
BRAD4

I took these pics at what I think was Minera quarry in 1998. This piece of apparatus was the only thing left standing.

HI boys
It’s a long time since I was at Minera, I used to go with my father in the late 60’s He started subbing for Tarmac with this Big J. The condition of getting the work was it had to be a new truck. The body was built by Crumps of Gwerselt . The quarry had just been bought from Adam Lythgo. We finished working for them at the start of 71. It was a good quarry with very white pure lime stone but still got closed down :frowning: :frowning:

Regards Keith

should that be crumps of gresford better body in there day so im told :wink:

Hi boys
Sorry yes your right Gresford, getting mixed up with David Williams of Gwerselt. I believe it was one of the first alli bodys using interlocking boards like floor boards but hollow inside to give the strength and keep the weight down.
Are there any of Ivor Owens lads on here?

Regards Keith

dessert driver:
Hi boys
Sorry yes your right Gresford, getting mixed up with David Williams of Gwerselt. I believe it was one of the first alli bodys using interlocking boards like floor boards but hollow inside to give the strength and keep the weight down.

Regards Keith

Hello Dessert man / Keith have got a couple of photos. one being a Foden will post up when i get chance .

chepstowchap:

dessert driver:
Hi boys

Regards Keith

Hello Dessert man / Keith have got a couple of photos. one being a Foden will post up when i get chance .

Hi, i am new to this site and i am just getting used to it. i have come accross your post, both mentioning Ivor Owens and Minera quarry. I am infact Mickey Owen’s son, and I am looking for information / pictures of the old boys that used to work in the quarry, including pictures of the trucks. can you help me in any way?? my email is bendoon86@yahoo.co.uk