Singh Tippers

Anyone remember a company called Singh Bro’s from Liverpool rd nr Eccles(I think). They ran a fleet of tippers.Closed down around 5/6 years ago.

Yes remember them well but didn’t know the’d gone aswell.My question to you?? I used to travel from Leek to Leeds. Macc/Hazel grove/ Ashton/Delph then
as you went up towards the A62 Oldham / Leeds road. There was a cafe on the left in a unused road and you climed up steps to the cafe.
The building is a house now painted white. WHAT was the name of that cafe please. I think it closed soon after the M62 opened and that route was’nt used much.Is the cafe still open on the right a couple miles before you go into Marsden.
Thanks John.

Hi John
The cafe on the A62 on your right dropping down into Marsden is called the Motormans, it is still open but you dont get too many wagons on there nowadays.The other one you mention I dont recall that one.
John

Hi Stanfield, there was 4 or 5 dark blue 8 wheelers with Singh Bros on, in a yard at Millstream Ln, Clayton Bridge around 2001.

There was an article in Truck or Truck and Driver on the Singh Bro’s operation, I’ll see if i can find it and post it on here, I remember they had quite colourful tippers. Franky.

think you’l find that article in one of the classic or heritage mags im sure singh family near me in eccles packed in and got involved in property after they built some big houses in worsley and boothstown

I seem to remember some article about them buying some place in Milnrow to do with horse’s & show jumping,its still there but is now a soccer school + a restruant.But at one time they did have quite a large fleet of tippers in blue livery.

hi lads just to clarify a few things . the singh wagons from eccles if i remember rite were red with goldleaf signwriting but i only remember them running an immaculate deutz 8 wheel hook lifter but i stand corrected if anyone else knows different . they done demolition and were general builders part of the same family as gary singh on millstream lane clayton . i was foreman driver for gary fora few years when h was running 5 daf tippers and could tell some storys about that firm after i left to go on my own he went up to about 12 motors i think but didnt last to long after that a combination of bad managment and the tax man i think . his dad ran tippers for years around manchester from kayleigh ind est in ashton and the back of mama s cafe on rochdale rd collyhurst . all gold colored 4 an 6 wheelers doing daywork for the council a mix of fords fodens dafs hinos and many other makes . i still see gary so will ask him if he has any photos . as for the riding stables in milnrow it was a white elephant and didnt last long .

Hi foden s41.Thanks for that info.So I was right about the place in milnrow I knew I had read something about that in one of the mags.When you say Mama’s on rochdale rd is that the place what used to be the pub near gould street (I think it was called the victoria)but was always known as Mama’s,myself and some of the drivers from Biestys used to frequent it every friday evening after work during the late 60s/70s.

hi mate gary and a few other characters bought the place in milnrow ad were going to hold a classc vehicle event there but had trouble with the local council over a few things from what i heard so it never happened . as for mamas cafe as your coming out of town on rochdale rd it is on the opposite cornerto collyhurst nick i think it is gould st the building is still there .

foden s41:
hi mate gary and a few other characters bought the place in milnrow ad were going to hold a classc vehicle event there but had trouble with the local council over a few things from what i heard so it never happened . as for mamas cafe as your coming out of town on rochdale rd it is on the opposite cornerto collyhurst nick i think it is gould st the building is still there .

Hi foden s41 this is the place you are on about on rochdale road collyhurst.Its the Victoria public house better known to everyone as MAMA’S.John Biestys was next door and also ran across the rear of it.

At last found these in Classic & Commercial 2004.