Anti fuel syphon?

Hi there.

Can anyone recommend a good anti fuel syphon device and where to purchase one for our daf cf please.

trickyd

so, you want a device that will syphon everything apart from fuel? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Tricky Dicky:
Hi there.

Can anyone recommend a good anti fuel syphon device and where to purchase one for our daf cf please.

trickyd

for an anti syphon device, you could try Ebay, there are usually quite a few on there, you will need the one for the 80mm neck

alternatively, you could go here

tissltd.com/tanksf.html

This and a 12’ chain.

Tricky Dicky:
Hi there.

trickyd

I’m never sure on antisiphon. I reckon a locking cap is deterrent enough for the oppertunist thief, and the more determined ones will either unscrew the sender unit (2 seconds on a DAF) or put a chisel through the bottom of the tank?

Tricky Dicky:
Hi there.

trickyd

Bought a mega space with one in the neck of the tank, everytime we topped the tank up it leaked from around the bottom where it was fixed as you went around bends, took it off as it was more trouble that it was worth, took the view that if they wanted the fuel the anti syphon will only stop them doing that, taking the sender stack out is a couple of seconds job, so currently dont even lock the caps, if they want it they can have it with least cost rectification to me.

if a ■■■■■ wants your diesel and you have an antisyphon on he will probably puncture the tank to get it, ours have them fitted but its no to stop the ■■■■■■ its to stop the drivers helping themselves.