another one

news.sky.com/story/1503250/polic … s-in-lorry

27 arrested but only one will get a fine and threatened with jail

One wonders how many are getting through. The ones that are caught are usually a very small percentage.

The-Snowman:
27 arrested but only one will get a fine and threatened with jail

Well if he is complicit then so he should. If they were just stowaways he knew nothing about then he won’t get fined.

surprising they got into a fridge which is maybe why he has been nicked.

war1974:

Depends on the make of the fridge Chereau need a special lock and Lamberet are not much better, plus it doesn’t help that the Spanish locks only have a limited number of different locks in them also have been lead to believe that the people smugglers have a master key to them as well so not as secure as you would think

mazzer:

war1974:

Depends on the make of the fridge Chereau need a special lock and Lamberet are not much better, plus it doesn’t help that the Spanish locks only have a limited number of different locks in them also have been lead to believe that the people smugglers have a master key to them as well so not as secure as you would think

It might also depend on the nationality of the driver :question:

What I can’t work out is how the hell they knew were in that trailer in particular

wakey_jack:
What I can’t work out is how the hell they knew were in that trailer in particular

They might gave phoned it in from the back of the trailer.

wakey_jack:

Reported by General public when they got back into tri after getting watered / fed at earlier services