Another one lost

Pimpdaddy:
All cabs should be sleepers, my arguement exactly…

No thanks; I’d rather be home every night. I fail to see how a bed behind you can save you in an accident like the one in the picture.

R.I.P Driver very sad my condolences to all concerned makes you think about the job when you see this :frowning:

Jesus H!

That looks like a 3663 motor to me, I wonder what happened there?

Poor sod. My deepest sympathy & condolence to his family.

R.I.P. drive.

The risk/reward ratio of this job is an effin joke. :frowning:

TruckingHell:
The risk/reward ratio of this job is an effin joke. :frowning:

^^ +1000000

RIP to the poor guy who was driving that, looks like it must have been a very violent collision judging by the distance between the cab and severed box & their final positions in that pic… :cry:

newmercman:
My God, situations like this really bring out the idiots don’t they :unamused:

Sleeper cabs save lives :open_mouth: What a load of ■■■■■■■■, you still sit in the same position and if you hit something hard enough to knock you back further than the back of a day cab, you’re [zb]ed anyway :open_mouth:
maybe you shouldn’t be driving a lorry for a living :open_mouth:

Sounds to me like you’re the idiot matey…! It’s like saying you stand the same chance of crash survival in a smart car vs a range or something-the bigger the vehicle/interior volumetric space the higher your chance of survival #fact! 1 of our drivers arse ended another truck on the 25, it was bad & he survived because the seat gave in & pushed him into the top corner of the cab. I’m not saying it has to be a high roof, just more space immediately behind the seats!
However I do agree with the bit that maybe one shouldn’t drive for a living if they can’t deal with the modern kit, but then again it’s the employers fault for running crap motors…

by Muckaway » Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:03 pm

No thanks; I’d rather be home every night.

having a bunk behind you doesn’t necessarily mean you have to live in the truck you know…

This business of 50/52mph could contribute to fatigue which when coupled together with cruise, auto box etc & result in tragedies like this…

Using the example of Smart Car v Range Rover is irrelevant. At 50mph+ into a concrete bridge will still do you some damage as your internal organs are still travelling at speed after you and the vehicle have stopped.
Christ, I drive a daycab (when I do go on the road) and go no faster than the speed limits and 52 on motorways. I’m doomed I tell you.
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Yeah, I’m the idiot alright :unamused:

You talk a complete load of ■■■■■■■■ and I’ll explain why you’re so wrong in very simple terms, so read and learn :open_mouth:

When you crash into something, the metal structure of the cab is deformed, if it deforms enough to move the seat back off its mountings and into the sleeper, the deformed metal structure will come into contact with your body (legs) before it hits the seat. This impact will likely break your thigh bone and rupture your femoral artery, after a minute or two you will be dead from desanguination (bleeding to death)

If the deformed cab structure takes the dashboard and steering wheel with it (which it will) the dashboard and steering wheel will hit you in the chest and face before it hits the seat with enough force to shear it from its mountings, the resulting blunt force trauma to your chest cavity and head will crush your internal organs and kill you.

The force required to shear a lorry seat from its mounting and push it into the safety of the sleeper cab is a lot greater than the force that your bones can withstand.

The only time a sleeper cab would protect you is if the impact is to the rear of the cab, that way the deformation of the cab structure will have absorbed a lot of energy before it smashes you forwards into the steering wheel and dashboard.

Accept that you have Billy Big Wheel Syndrome, it’s no big deal, there’s nothing wrong with wanting to drive a better lorry, just don’t try and justify it by making ridiculous statements :wink:

Can’t we have a bonnet that would be safer

kr79:

Torpedo cabs all round :laughing:

kr79:

I’ve got one, well it’s a hood actually :wink:

newmercman:

kr79:

I got one of those on my coat, doubt it’ll help me much in a crash though!

dew:

newmercman:

kr79:

I got one of those on my coat, doubt it’ll help me much in a crash though!

I don’t know how much good mine would be in a big smash, hope I never have to put it to the test :neutral_face:

dew:

kr79:

Torpedo cabs all round :laughing:

Just allows you to dig a bigger hole :slight_smile:

R.I.P Driver ,

@newmercman you are right in that I do talk utter ■■■■■■■■ but I’ll stand by my belief that sleeper cabs are better all round than day cabs, that’s why I don’t drive them #simples :slight_smile:

@pimpdaddy.

I really hope that a family member or friend of the deceased driver
does not in looking for some comfort have to read your drivel.

If you want a debate on your petty ideas then start your own thread
and see how many people want to sink to your level of stupidity.

Leave this thread to what its for an expression of respect for a
dead colleague.

RIP Driver.

all he has said is that he believes the chances of survival in a sleeper cab are better than in a day cab. :unamused:

R.I.P. drive.

None of us were there so let the authorities work out what happened if they can.

yes i agree,but the thing that amuses me is that on virtually every thread, if someone dares to have a different opinion,you immediately get the “your an idiot” type of posts.
i wonder what these people are like in public…either extremely tough or extremely quiet :bulb:

schrodingers cat:
R.I.P. drive.

None of us were there so let the authorities work out what happened if they can.

Nobody has guessed at the cause of the crash :open_mouth:

Some of us have disagreed with pimpdaddy’s opinion that a sleeper cab will save your life, this is a discussion forum and that’s what is happening, people are discussing things, we’re all big boys here and nobody has said anything derogatory about the poor driver who was killed, so no harm, no foul :open_mouth:

There is a forum for memorials to those that have passed away :wink:

Commonrail, to answer your question, I would say that posters are neither tough nor quiet, probably just normal people, this is the internet, it’s not like real life :laughing: