And they invented it to make our lives easier

[quote=“pecjam23”
And for added comical value have a spanish driver mate called manuel who answers with
Si every time you give him instructions and goes off attempting to search back of van for parcel.

:laughing: :laughing: :sunglasses:
[/quote]

Is that your own idea, or it’s from some movie? Becouse if yes, I would like to see it :slight_smile:

uk.youtube.com/watch?v=L8vUFRkxie0

here you go

Btw: I like John Cleese, he did one of best commercials in Polish TV recently:

youtube.com/watch?v=sv4sQEKroa8

:smiley:

orys:
jayeastanglia and gogzy: that’s works well if the central lock mechanism is working. When it’s not, the opening and closing of the driver’s doors will only open and close the driver’s doors, as the mechanism won’t move the “signal” to the other doors ( i can’t explain it in english, I hope you get me).

That’s why it would be useful to have a keyhole in the backdoors as well, as using it when central lock would not work, I would be able to open the back doors only.

thats no good then, try get another van from them. also if you dont already, stick parcels in thge front with you in the passenger side. makes it esier than goiong into the back everytime. just grab and walk.

gogzy:
I drive other van every day, so it’s OK now. As for parcels: if I have too much parcels in my cab, its much harder to dig for a proper one than when they are on the back. Also company rules do not allow me to keep the parcels on the van.

What I am doing I just putting them in the groups for the same area, and area what I am doing at the moment is the closest to the doors. Piece of cake. :slight_smile:

orys:
Also company rules do not allow me to keep the parcels on the van.

do you deliver them by bike then orys?

Giblsa:

orys:
Also company rules do not allow me to keep the parcels on the van.

do you deliver them by bike then orys?

No sorry, I meant “in the cab” :slight_smile: :blush:

orys:

gogzy:
I drive other van every day, so it’s OK now. As for parcels: if I have too much parcels in my cab, its much harder to dig for a proper one than when they are on the back. Also company rules do not allow me to keep the parcels on the van.

What I am doing I just putting them in the groups for the same area, and area what I am doing at the moment is the closest to the doors. Piece of cake. :slight_smile:

group it when you load it then just take soo many in the cab with you. leave the big ones like the boxes in the back it is easier to do it this way. plus when your sheets are missing the names or numbers like they normally are at parcelforce you dont have to stop and find where it is lol.im still working on the way i worked at HDNL, parcels stacked to the gunnels right upt o the dashboard.

gogzy:
I am putting them in groups and starting to deal with a front ones :slight_smile: After the front is empty, one sharp braking and I can use side doors again :smiley:

orys:

gogzy:
I am putting them in groups and starting to deal with a front ones :slight_smile: After the front is empty, one sharp braking and I can use side doors again :smiley:

so that’s why my parcel was damages when I opened it? :laughing: :laughing:

Steve-o:

orys:

gogzy:

I’m currently waiting for city link to deliver my parcel, i hope that driver has’nt taken tips for the job off you when he delivers my ming vase!!! :open_mouth: :angry: :wink: :laughing: :laughing:

Steve-o:

orys:

gogzy:

No, ones with sticker “fragile” I keep at the front all the time. :stuck_out_tongue:

yea im sure parcelforce have the rule on not having parcels int he cab with you, but some of their motors dont have a bulkhead and some do. plus everyone at the edinburgh depot do it.

ive only had one damaged parcel in the 4 years ive done multidrop. was those stupid plastic containers, they sent them just taped up in each other, no box or padding or anything, something big fell on it and crushed it lol. nothing was said though to me about it.

Yesterday I delivered broken one.

It was rattling from inside when I was loading that to the lorry, but it was for some garage, so I thought" Maybe this are some screws or small parts etc."

But it was glass :frowning:

orys:
Yesterday I delivered broken one.

It was rattling from inside when I was loading that to the lorry, but it was for some garage, so I thought" Maybe this are some screws or small parts etc."

But it was glass :frowning:

haha unlucky, it happens i just tend to have luck right now, and the fact most are stupid wee parcels that i can post through the letter box :smiley:

beats waiting on folk being in, tho today was good with schools breaking up for xmas everyone was in so i got done super quick today then just before joining the m90 i got a call to turn round and go to kirkcaldy and do a 32 box pick up, still put in 10 hours today.