Air Leads

Probably a very easy question to answer but because ive never used a trailer other than the one i learnt it, how do i know which lead goes to which connector on the trailer?

For example the trailer i learnt with, it had one connector that was a blank, how would i know on a trailer ive never seen before, if there are blanks or which goes where? :blush:

Thanks Guys!

All of the connectors are different, so you can’t mis-connect them.

The “blank” one you had was probably the Auxiliary (blue) air line, but there are very few units around which have a blue line any more (I’ve never seen one). The blue connector is a different size to the red one, so the red one won’t connect to it, and the yellow airline has a different gender of connector (so won’t connect either).

Brilliant! Thanks for your help matey!

Hi jas07, If you click the :arrow_right: LINK, it will take you to a non-technical post that I made on the subject. :grimacing:

There’s even some pics to help you see Mr Flibble’s point about the different genders of connector. :smiley:

I hope it’s useful to you. :wink:

Leave a comment if you like…

Thanks Dave! You’ve been really helpful on here for me! You’re like my big daddy :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

jas07:
Thanks Dave! You’ve been really helpful on here for me! You’re like my big daddy :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

He’s older than that - MUCH older :unamused: :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

… just going for a long walk… a very long walk…

:laughing: :laughing:

ROG you have been sound too, really helpful! Just cant wait to get some work in! Having problems at the minute due to my ages (22) and insurance companies wanting the drivers to be 25+ bit of a nightmare but i suppose something will come along!

If you’re class 1 and just want a start then contact Pentalver in Cannock (containers), they offered me a job about 3days after I passed when I was 23. Aslong as you can drive safely, couple and uncouple, do safety checks and fill in a tacho you should be alright.

Yeh ive contacted them mate, said id do days or nights but they’ve got nothing at all, they’ve got all the drivers they need at the min.

Put my name down on the waiting list tho!

What did you think of containers/pentalver etc by the way?

Thanks for tryin to help tho mate!

jas07:
Yeh ive contacted them mate, said id do days or nights but they’ve got nothing at all, they’ve got all the drivers they need at the min.

Put my name down on the waiting list tho!

What did you think of containers/pentalver etc by the way?

Thanks for tryin to help tho mate!

kinell :open_mouth: they’ve turned around last i heard they was screamin for driver’s

Well i rang em on monday and they didnt need anyone. Mate of mine rang em about 2 weeks ago and they only needed nights.

Just my luck! Cannock is litrally 10 minutes down the road! Would have been perfect for me!

jas07:
Well i rang em on monday and they didnt need anyone. Mate of mine rang em about 2 weeks ago and they only needed nights.

Just my luck! Cannock is litrally 10 minutes down the road! Would have been perfect for me!

do a search on bowmurs and pentalvers mate it will tell you what you need to know

failing that try john raymonds they have a depot near the brick works i think they take on newbies they do try it on i think so be wary dunno about money and the in’s and out’s but it will get you some experience so you can move on to something better

gonzothejaffa1:
they do try it on i think so be wary

How you mean mate? Try to get you over hours or?

jas07:

gonzothejaffa1:
they do try it on i think so be wary

How you mean mate? Try to get you over hours or?

i’ve only got snippet’s mate but do your daily check’s everytime you pick a trailer up :open_mouth: n keep an eye on your hour’s :wink:

ahhhh some loose wheels then :laughing: :laughing:

Ive seen a few of there trucks around actually and they looked alright but never seen one up close, only seen em passing in cannock!

Thanks for the tips tho mate! Like you say, its a start! Got Man Flu at the minute but once im back from the dead ill give em a call!

Sorry can’t help there, I never took the job, got offered a better one a couple of days later. I did have a look around here though and in general they seemed to have a fairly high staff turnover and although it’s a start, the motors were a bit scrappy, shifts didn’t sound great hours and the guy who interviewed me just gave the impression they were desperate for drivers which just didn’t strike me as a good thing really, this was just before they moved out of the old Watling street yard.