Air freight

We do airfreight to Stanstead and a lot of runs have been knocked on the head.
I noticed yesterday when going round the M25 past Heathrow that Saints have a lot parked up.
Anyone else suffering?

Aparently Saints do a huge amount for BA, so they would be hurting, a few other places that I’ve been to have also cut down on the agency drivers. Had 2 days rest last week and today no work.

We’re still collecting and sending to EMA where it is being stored in readiness for our 747’s that have been reallocated from Far East routes. Normally we have 757’s or A330’s doing the EMA to Cologne leg.

We deliver to all airports and seaport around the UK and at the moment it has been pretty much business as usual (only a couple of delivery points closed)
On the plus side the seaport work has increased 200% in the last 2 days,
I think next week will slow down as all the order we are delivering were placed a couple of days before the planes were grounded and the airport companies are now full to capacity and will not order any more stock until they start using the stockpile they have.

Paul-H:
Aparently Saints do a huge amount for BA, so they would be hurting

I work for Saints and yes things are not good at the moment,some drivers are coming in to work and are simply waiting all shift to be given a job but I think (hope) that the firm will pull through.On the positive side we are sending trucks across the water to Paris and Brussels airports so for the drivers doing that at least it’s something different.