agencies

I enjoy agency work . I like the freedom it gives me , not having to go on bended knees for a day off even though you put yourself out for the gaffer all year.
But they have to realise I dont work for them, I pay them to find me work. I know there aint a lot of work out there at the moment but a bit of respect from the idiot in the suit at the other end of the phone goes a long way.
HOW I WISH DRIVERS WOULD STICK TOGETHER AINT GONNA HAPPEN IS IT?

Have a read of THIS THREAD :slight_smile:

Cheers for that Rog . Must admit though 2 of the guys who run my agency are honest and straight its just 1 other that thinks he is clever. Only need another year of it anyway mate once my house inGreece is finished I,m off!

you can love or hate them but the people in the agency are there to make money. they have started a buisness invested thousands of pounds even probably remortgaged their home.

so loyalty is not an option they are there only to supply a driver for whatever shift is required from their contract…and good luck to you if you make the move to greece…you lucky lucky person

Cheers . Not looking for loyalty though just a bit of respect . Been with the same lot 3 years never been late, never let em down not had as much as a scrape . Oh and a 25 yr old CLEAN licence

im in the same boat, i used to get 5 days a week every week up until october, never was late, never let them down event ookt he rubbish jbs nobody would do,

and the what am i getting right now, pretty much bugger all, and the office staff keep changing over at the agency only one person there knows me and what i am willing to do.

its hard at 22 but i do my best

Only work for a small agency like I say i,ts only ! of em who comes it with the wisecracks. Might nip down there tomorrow and knock him out . job sorted!

Having been a consultant and an agency driver myself, I can understand the OP’s point. Though I tend to defend agencies in the main, you do get some consultants whose manner leaves a bit to be desired. The best cure , if it gets too much, is to have a word with the guvnor and tell him (politely) where the lad’s doing wrong.

If he’s come from another agency whose main dealings are with “industrial” operatives; agency-speak for factory workers, packers and the like; it may be that he’s got used to talking down to people because he could get away with it.

I found that the way to get the best out of drivers was to treat them as you’d like to be treated yourself, and speak to them likewise. Respect is a two-way street, but you have to give it first in order to receive it.

Not a good buiseness plan though ■■■■■■ adopting the , All drivers are 10 a penny routine you may find you can only get wasters to sign on for you cos all the good drivers have gone elsewhere . End of investment!

I joined 3 agencies on Monday, all spouting the same old ■■■■■■

I know for a fact that not one of them has yet even bothered to ring up for the references. :imp:

I’ll be phoning them up this afternoon for an update. It’ll be interesting to hear their excuses.

well i have 2 jobs ongoing from agencys, dont get me wrong i done my fair share of running about regiastering £30 in petrol and 3 days doin it but i got regular work on the bins and at arla in leeds so i cant complain its better then nothing

I have enjoyed my time with my agency for almost sadly the down turn has made things a bit tight so I Got a regular job starting on Monday not sure how I Will adjust yet .