Advice please.

Hi, opinions sought on my little dilemma.

I phoned up about a job on Friday, got the info I required and the job sounds spot on, in fact a bit to spot on! Anyway, arranged to go for an interview then just as I’m about to say see you at the interview he asks me to e-mail copies of the back of my licence(to make sure I have the entitlement to drive C+E) the front of my digi card and the front of the paper bit!

Would you send it?

I don’t know this bloke, could he get stuff if he prints my details out? I know I may be over reacting but not quite sure what to do?

All constructive comments welcome

Do you want the job or not ?
I have always asked for copies of licences -
its the plastic bit that counts and the smart chip not a dodgy copy - which you can water mark with ‘copy’ written through it
And if i remember the DVLA license does this anyway
cheers
Steve

I don’t mind giving a copy of my licence, in fact I would expect my employer to have a copy! My only concern I have is that he wants it a week before my interview and I may not get the job! Like I said on my OP I am probably over reacting!

Fileep:
Like I said on my OP I am probably over reacting!

I realise your concerns but IMO the answer to the above is yes :slight_smile:

mrpj:

Fileep:
Like I said on my OP I am probably over reacting!

I realise your concerns but IMO the answer to the above is yes :slight_smile:

He may want to just cut down the short list a bit more, someone with 2 months experience will be put to the bottom of the queue as will any recent major points or DR10

The license holds a lot of information, including address & date of birth

He wont want to go through the hassle of interviewing someone if it turns out they havn’t got the entitlements.

I’ve never been asked to post or email copies of my licence and wouldn’t. Offer to drop in to the job to give them a LOOK at your licence. No copies until job offer or start. DVLA offer a phone checking service which takes a couple of minutes. Highly suspicious IMHO!

Fileep:

I phoned up about a job on Friday, got the info I required and the job sounds spot on, in fact a bit to spot on! Anyway, arranged to go for an interview then just as I’m about to say see you at the interview he asks me to e-mail copies of the back of my licence(to make sure I have the entitlement to drive C+E) the front of my digi card and the front of the paper bit!

Would you send it?

I don’t know this bloke, could he get stuff if he prints my details out? I know I may be over reacting but not quite sure what to do?

No Company ask for a Copy by Fax.They copy it thereself.You also will have to do a DVLA Check with them

Does seem a little strange due to the fact you could fax / email a COPY of a licence rather than your own…

BUT, I’d probably have sent them as I’m not a suspicious person and it’s just the modern times now, everybody wants everything NOW.

If it’s a reputable company, one with a good history, then I would email Black & White scans, not colour.

If it’s a company you have never heard of ask him to send his bank details to you :open_mouth:

Fileep:

Would you send it?

all this checking is getting a bit silly,we filled in a form a while ago so they could check our lisences some how so we didnt have to keep producing them every 6 months,but on our coc we had to produce them :unamused: :unamused: ,the ones who didnt produce them were sent home,even though wed filled out a form that said they could now check them without the need to produce :confused: :unamused: ,as for sending it,no i wouldnt,show it at interview,thats what ive always had to do

Why dose he have to see your licences before he interviews you? strange. Is that not what the interview is for?

A copy means nothing! They should be doing a check with DVLA, which I think they need you there in order to give permission of details of your licence to be given out.

Have you checked the company out, has it got an O licences for example?