Advice if u can please!

hi im chris, 24 manchester. i have just passed both parts of my theory and have booked a test drive at the red rose training cntre in stockport manchester.

just a couple of questions really the first is about the cpc, just wat is the case study about (mod 2) and the second is i have asked a couple of agencys and companies about this driver shortage and they say thats its huge im just curious to whether or not its true?

many thanks
chris

Hi Chris

Welcome to Trucknet, the CPC part 2 case studies, a test that you are allowed 75 mins to complete, 7 case studies with a total of 50 questions 38correct being the pass mark. many answers you will have covered in the theory multiple choice.

We have always tried to place the drivers into work that we train, we deal with both Agencies and Companies, for the past six months we can’t train drivers quick enough, but bear in mind we are comimg up to the christmas rush, also it can be regional, but I have been asked for 20 drivers this week.

If the agencies are telling the truth ask them to put into writing they will employ after passing…we get the agencies to interview and give a job offer to our trainees before they spend any money even on the medical that way they know they have a job after training.

Hope this helps all the best

Rick

Hi Chris and welcome.

As Rick pointed out most of the answers you will get ot of your theory test book.

Common sense does prevail on this baby

You can also click on the link below to try some free samples on Driver CPC module 2. They are the type and level of questions you will find.

hgvlgvtraining.co.uk/blog/20 … ase-study/

Good luck

hgvlgvtraining

(Google my name if you get lost)

thanks for your replies and i will look more into the case study, at the mo im stuck in retail and i cant wait to get out and get on the road, i just hope theres work when i pass lol. what sort of pay is it for a class 2 driver these days?

chris

Hiyyaaa gunner0788, & well done passing your theory, & welcome :smiley:

gunner0788:
thanks for your replies and i will look more into the case study, at the mo im stuck in retail and i cant wait to get out and get on the road, i just hope theres work when i pass lol. what sort of pay is it for a class 2 driver these days?

chris

Depends where you live as to the pay tbh as it can vary but anything form £6.00 ph as with the driver shortage that is a bit of a myth as well but can vary as to where you live but if you have a job atm dont give it up for agency as Rick say it is coming up to christmas & they will need extra staff for that as in retail but after christmas it tends to go a bit on the quiet side